Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slow progress on the T-bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobux, Sep 7, 2007.

1. nobux

nobux

Well, due to major home remodeling (We lived in one room in the basement for a month), wife's new job, and having a blast with my 2 year old, progress on the bucket makeover has been slow. But, it's coming along.

Some of you may remember pics of my car with the flathead. Well, the flathead in my '46 COE is pretty tired, and I wanted to put an automatic in the truck. So the 8ba came out of the bucket and is now replaced by a Chev 350. It's amazing how things come full circle.

I decided to keep the Cragers. I've got some beads to roll in the bedsides, and I've got to do something with the bottom of the bed. I hate the severe windshield angle, so I'll have to go back to the old windshield posts. An aluminum belly pan is also in the works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. I like it! How about a front on shot?

3. That thing is lookin' GOOD ! :) Nice overall appearance.

I want to tip my windshield back about 15 degrees. Did you re-do those brackets ?

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

I agree with you on the windshield angle. Stock stamped steel 23-25 posts are angled back at about 15* or so and make the 17-22 short vertical posts look prehistoric.
    I often wonder why those slanted short posts were taken to such an extreme since it kind of eliminates the concept of shielding the driver from the wind, doesn't it? It is not comfortable to be driving 100s of miles or even 10s of miles with the wind blasting right in your eyes, and I won't even talk about when it rains!

5. nice job mate it looks good, the windscreen is a bit odd though, yer I'd say change it, unless u like driving with a grinding mask on so u don't get crap in your eyes

6. Dan

Dan

looks cool, I'd like more info. the bed and the frame (construction details, etc.) thanks-

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

You've left the body atop the frame for maximum cabin space and the back wall is up against the frame kickup too so no intrusion into seating room. If the open frame get on your nerves you can use rocker panels (available new for 60-63 Falcons) as rolled pans from the top of the rail. You have to modify the tops of the rockers and do a little contouring(piecutting) and that gives you a visual drop in height.

8. You got me beat,,, I'll tell you all about "slow progress"!!!

9. nobux

nobux

I built the frame to loosely copy a Model A frame. It's got a stock model A front crossmember, a 10" kick-up with coil overs, 4" drop axle in front with a reversed eyed spring with '36 split bones, Vega box with cross steer, a 2wd S-10 rear with home made ladder bars made from 1" DOM. The wheel base is 98".

I originally ran a pair of raked stock windshield posts on Version 1.0, so I'll probably go back to those. I also got the taller windshield frame for Version 2.0. The bed is 34" longx 34" wide x 18" tall. I'm planning curl the bottom of the box, or run some kind of pan back there.

For those that haven't seen it before, here's how it looked when I first built it:

[​IMG]

Now:

[​IMG]

Front shot: I need to pull a couple leaves in the front to bring her down a tad.

[​IMG]

I think it looks more "hot rod" now.
    Thanks for the kind word!

Karl

10. Dan

Dan

damn, I like it...what year shell is that? what you using for a radiator?

11. nobux

nobux

It's a '28-'29 Model A grille shell that I sectioned 2" with a '66 Mustang 3 core radiator.

12. Codeman

Codeman
    from SE Mo

Good to know because at my size I will have to have all of the inside of the body for my body. LOL And I like the looks of panels to cover the chassis.

Nobux, you are inspiring me to get started on mine now instead of later.

13. Dan

Dan

still got the rear spring and rear rad. rods from version 1?

14. nobux

nobux

Sold the spring, and I'm going to keep the '36 radius rods.

15. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Hate to say it but i kinda like the first version. Still cool though. -stick