Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slow progress on my 50 Chevy causes 66 Cadillac purchase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sprbxr, Sep 14, 2006.

1. sprbxr

sprbxr
    from Peaks, VA

I have been slowly working on my 50 Fleetline for a while but since it isn't roadworthy I haven't been able to get that old car driving fix. Since we sold the wife's 51 Savoy wagon (which by the way fell off the transport truck on the way to Cali) I haven't had anything old to drive. We looked at a Falcon Wagon but it was 33% metal, 33% bondo, and 33% misc filler. The 50 is a good ways off from being drivable so as luck would have it, a deal I couldn't pass up fell in my lap: 1966 Cadillac convertible w/ black ext. and red interior and 80k miles. I know that some feel 1966 is too new for the forum, but the stars were aligned and the deal was too good (and the wife approved). I can't bear to drive it stock, so I am going to lower it a bit and add some scallops or some thing. Anybody else get sidetracked 'cause their projects take too long?

Justin

2. Squablow

Squablow

Yup, do it all the time. Nothing speeds up a slow project like starting another project half way through. Any pics of the Caddy? Always wanted one that was long and black.

3. sprbxr

sprbxr
    from Peaks, VA

The Caddy is a runner and driver. Not really a project except for the minor cosmetic things I want to do (lower ride, scallops, etc.) Car is pretty straight, no rust and the top works but the interior is a bit rough.

Do the mid to late 60's Caddy's get a special hall pass on the pre-64 only rule?
    Justin

4. ray

ray

hell yeah. sometimes i need to sit back and do a little mental inventory on what i've actually done. it seems that i never get any progress made, but then i realize how many cars i have, and realize that i've actually got quite a bit done, it just doesn't show on any one car!

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Friend of mine has a '50 Olds wagon in his garage he took apart in 1962 ...