Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Slow and poor '37 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stooge, Mar 15, 2018.

1. bhemi

bhemi

Top notch work. I like what you did with the bead roller to replicate the Buick pattern. We made a die and ran our floor panels thru the Pullmax. The only difference is ours are a little wider. Tool tray and rear pan have been a pain to work on.

Attached Files:

Stooge likes this.
  2. Steel A Rod

Steel A Rod
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really Enjoying this build!

Stooge likes this.
  3. Stooge

Stooge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I realized immediately after i finished the beading that i had a wider die i should have/ could have used, but the damage was done so i'll live with it. It did do it's job of making the floor more rigid and holding a wheel, and i'll end up putting some black rubber mat down, and maybe some sound deadening under the mat so it will all be hidden anyways. i'd like to get the location of the battery figured out before i go too much further, but im thinking maybe on the axle hump/ bridge that separates the trunk from the rest of the interior. Im going 6 volt so it will just be a small Optima i think, so it will be able to squeeze in without too much trouble, or maybe a place under the trunk tray that covers the spare tire. I have the under the floor battery mount, but with the seat being non removable, i didnt want to make it too hard on myself if i needed to get to the battery.

4. Stooge

Stooge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey thanks, i appreciate it! Im hoping it will start getting a little more interesting when the metal work is winding down and it will start to look like something again!

5. bhemi

bhemi

This what we built to hold the vacuum tank and pump as we have no room under the hood. You could build a battery shelf in the same place. Mine has no back seat or jump seats so it is a free area.

Attached Files: