Register now to get rid of these ads!

slightly OT... looking to buy ECM reprogramming equipment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, Jun 1, 2007.

1. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Hey all!

We decided last night that maybe we should quit sending GM ECMs out to be programmed and do it in house. I understand it's expensive to get set up, but what directions can you send me to start programming the late model GM computers to customer's specs?
    I'm not talking about stock GM reflashes, but rather the modified programming done.
    Thanks in advance!
    John

2. 29ZZ4FORD

29ZZ4FORD
    from NWFLA

You might want to look into EFI live. The initiaL cost is $$$ but it will pay for itself.

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Sounds good, what system does Street and Performance use? (They're in Mena, Arkansas). They've done right by us for years! ;)

4. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

You may want to look in to the public GM tech site's.

Here at Ford we started putting our reflashes and Ford motorsport recomended programs on our parts/public website and all you need to do then is buy a cable with a usb and obd ports. Then you just click the program and download it.