Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slightly O/T - New die cast company

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sean72, Feb 12, 2008.

1. sean72

sean72

Hi All, I ran this by Ryan first so as not to cause anymore drama around here. I try to post my artwork as much as I can on the Friday Art shows (I also do the artwork for Vintage Drag Club). I have been super busy at my new job at Castline. I thought with some of the random die cast post on the board that some of you might like to see our new product. The new castings fit into the HAMB cutoff date (for now). Below are photos of our first release.

Ryan, if this thread goes off course please remove.

Thanks,
    Sean

P.S. This line is the M2 Auto-thentics 1:64 scale. The product is available through hobby distributors and will be in retail locations later in the year. The price range is $4 - $5.

Attached Files:

2. sean72

sean72

Almost forgot the second set of colors. Above is Release 1 A, here is Release 1 B. Same cars just different colors.

Thanks,
    Sean

Attached Files:

3. I've been lucky enough to watch these as they were developed and the final product is exquisite to say the least!

Some cool subject matter that will appeal to many of you too!

Don't know if they've made it to the store shelves yet but should be popular when they do!

4. Very nice. Cool to see that the cookie cutter (no offence to anybody) cars were not the first picks.

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Those are pretty amazing, especially for the scale

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Those are neat, what is the retail price?

B:)B

7. Sean- Wow, man. Very cool!

8. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had the pleasure of seeing these diecast cars in person. The detail is amazing!! Especially under-the-hood & the interior.

9. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Those look great! Can't wait to get one of each. Hope it won't be long before the 48 Pontiacs come out!

48 Poncho

10. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Why the heck did they come out with those? That really ticks me off, I finally got my diecast habit under control and they have to go and come out with something cool like that............

Any place to get them online? If I don't get anything else I HAVE to have the green Merc Sun Valley and the red & white Bel Air. Might put a bug in their ear that '53-'55 Studebaker coupes do well. Hint. Hint.;) I've been trying to get a good Dinky '55 Stude but when they come up at auction they bring some pretty big bucks. There are plenty of Golden Hawks and Avantis, the '53-'55s are in short supply.

11. sean72

sean72

Thanks guys for the comments. The price range is $4 - $5.

Here is a photo of all the pieces that go into one car. To the right of the steering wheel are the two clear headlights. For the die cast customizers the bottom comes apart with a single screw. Now getting those tiny headlights out is a pain.

Thanks,
    Sean

Attached Files:

12. sean72

sean72

Hey Rudebaker, that's funny. For Studebakers, well have to wait and see. You can get them online at 1stopdiecast.com and milezone.com

Thanks,
    Sean

13. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Nice stuff very nice. Now work on some 1:87 for my model railroad!!

14. sean72

sean72

Thanks, I already need a magnifying to see the emblems.

Sean

15. Great looking product! Looks like I need to make some shelf room.Seeing as how you already have a 55 Pontiac,with a few mods you could have a really nice Safari too!I'll take a 56 and a 57 while you're at it.:D

Seriously where and when will they be available?

16. sean72

sean72

Safariknut, the product just arrived. The first few releases will be available through the hobby distributors. Guys with websites, guys that sell at car shows and swap meets. The product should be at Toys R Us in early spring and some larger box stores in late summer. You could try 1stopdiecast.com or milezone.com both carry our product.

Thanks,
    Sean

17. sean72

sean72

Hey Guys, just wanted to keep you posted of our release 2 of the M2 Machines Auto-Thentics. They are done in a 1950's mild custom theme.

Thanks, Sean

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Just got back from Toy R US. My friend picked up some of these with the "see thru bodies". Looking for the "see thru" Pontiac and Crestliner.

19. retarded

retarded
    BANNED

sick, totally freaking sick!

20. sean72

sean72

Thanks guys. We are just starting to hit Toys R Us stores now. We have a lot new stuff coming out. Release 3 has 3 brand new castings. '55 & '57 Desotos and a '54 Dodge.

Sean

21. Abomination

Abomination

What? No '60 Cadillac...?

If you guys do one, I'd be totally into it. :)

22. sean72

sean72

Yeah, we don't have a '60 planned right now. We have the '57 & '59 slated.

Sean

23. Abomination

Abomination

Yeah, everybody does the '57 & '59 Cadillacs. Very, VERY few do a '60 - even though it's basically a very slight mod to the '59 molds. :)

It would take a very progressive company to pick a '60 over the '59. :D

~Jason

24. sean72

sean72

Progressive and rich. It's a tough market right now, who knows maybe in a couple of years we can afford to take a chance on one.

Sean

25. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

those mild customs are freakin great! will they be avaiable in large numbers? i need to get through show season for i start buyin more toys! ohh, and are you plannin any larger scales one day>??? like 24th and 8th>?> ill also take 1-1 scale also for 4-5 bucks if ya make them! ;)

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

NO, NO, NO I swore off buying anymore diecast cars and now you have me headed to Toys R Us on Monday night after work.
    Nice looking units.

27. Abomination

Abomination

Man, good luck selling 'em through Wal-Mart. They want to be able to order in quantity AUTOMATICALLY through your system, whatever they want, whenever they want, AND they want Net 90 terms! Can you imagine? Wal-Mart pays you 4 times a year?

28. sean72

sean72

Hey Fellas, Just wanted to keep you guys posted of some of the new castings we have coming out. I know their are some Desoto and old Dodge guys on this board. They are 1954 Dodge Royal, 1955 Desoto Fireflyte, 1955 Dodge Royal Lancer and a 1957 Desoto Adventurer.

Sean

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  29. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

Sean;

Any chance of getting a 55 Customline? I would even settle for the 55 fairlane... If you do have these in the works put me down for a bunch.