Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slightly O/T is this a Divco product?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VirgilHilts, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Old Ice cream van in the local yard. Stu

Attached Files:

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

No,looks like a Dodge.

3. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Looks like a Ford grille to me, or maybe International, so probably an aftermarket built on one of those chassis. Several companies built those kinds of trucks, the manufacturers built and sold them the complete chassis ready for body. Doesn't look like any Divco I have seen, though I am no expert. Buy it and build it - it would make one helluva swap meet rig! :)

4. Gasser57

Gasser57

Looks like my dad's 58 Ford to me.

Attached Files:

5. guiseart

guiseart

Holycrap, that one flamed sumbitch... got any more pictures? That's just funny.

6. Thanks guys, it most certainly looks like that cool flamed Ford! Divco did have a similar van that I googled up called the "Dividend" but the grille is quite different but they look like they were competing in the same market. Next time I'm in the yard I'll look closer. Stu

7. Gasser57

Gasser57

It's sitting in his garage, packed with old Y-block speed parts. We flamed it and he drove it to Woodward in Michigan a few years ago, even wound the old 292 up and did some burnouts in the water with the dual rear wheels. Unfortunately, I don't have any more pics unless I went over there and took a few. Those old panel vans are pretty fun, and make great sheds when you're not driving them.