Register now to get rid of these ads!

Slightly O/T but great nostalgia racing sites

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by savoy_man, Aug 16, 2006.

1. savoy_man

savoy_man

2. Mutt

Mutt

I know your heart is in the right place, but if you newer guys would do a search before posting links to websites, you would discover that most have been posted many times.
    Putting wediditforlove.com in the search feature at the top of the page returned this...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=846243

The search feature is probably the most neglected feature on this board, and I would encourage everyone to use it more, to help cut down on repetitive posts and bandwidth waste. Take a little time to get to know the site, and use the search feature before asking your question, or posting a link...you'll be surprised at what's already been posted.

Just a bit of food for thought for the recent influx of members...

Mutt

3. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

WOW, you old guys really know how to make the new ones feel special.

4. WOW ,If your thin skinned, your gonna have FUN ,THAT was LIGHT compared to what i've seen here ,LOL, welcome, BTW, this is WAY NOT off topic ;D -another site is mine - http://groups.msn.com/gassers ,

5. Laughing my ass off here in Texas. I can remember well ny first few weeks and months on this web site as the FNG. Damn did I get smoked for my ignorant questions and posts. Hey FNG's,,,,you'll get over. Believe me. This is a cool site, but it can be cruel. If your thin on the skin,,,,your screwed. Good luck

6. Mutt

Mutt

Why, thank you. Please note that 'special' to us old guys means in high esteem, not riding the short bus and wearing a helmet, like you younger guys are used to.:eek:

spe·cial [​IMG] (sp[​IMG]sh[​IMG][​IMG]l)
    adj. 1. Surpassing what is common or usual; exceptional: a special occasion; a special treat.
    2.Distinct among others of a kind: a special type of paint; a special medication for arthritis.3.Regarded with particular affection and admiration: a special friend.

Will you be my special friend?.....Mr. Rodgers;)

Mutt

7. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

Not thin skinned at all, just figured a PM might have sufficed instead of calling him out on the boards. But thats cool. Just gotta learn the rules around here. I am just as comfortable calling someone an asshat as the next guy. Nice to meet you Mr Asshat. :D

8. savoy_man

savoy_man

OK...I guess I started all this. I could have done a search, that is true. I am new to the forum and I am sure there are others here that are new too so I thought I would throw this out there even if it had been covered before. I'll mind my p's and q's and try to conform to what is "proper posting".

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

9. Mutt

Mutt

A PM would have told Savoy_man, while posting on the thread would tell every new guy that read the thread, alerting them to the search feature.

I see nothing embarrassing to Savoy about what I typed. It was polite and informative. It certainly didn't "call him out". And I didn't resort to name calling like you apparently have to do. Get over yourself.

"Thanks for the constructive criticism."
    I'm glad you saw it for what it was, Savoy_man.

This needs to be locked.

Mutt

10. HotRod55

HotRod55
    from Omaha,NE

See the smiley? It was a joke.