Register now to get rid of these ads!

SLICKS!! Best..Worst...Likes..Dislikes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flop, Sep 7, 2006.

1. PSYCHOMOTO

PSYCHOMOTO

The 33 Inch Mt Dot Slicks On My 76 Amc Matador 6 Cyl Hook Up Like Mad...no Matter How Hard You Hit The Gas They Just Hook Up And Go........................:d :d :d Ha Ha Ha

2. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

love the look of the hurst slicks. out of all the tires i've looked at, these seem to have the squarest sidewalls, which is a plus in my book. have heard nothing but good things about them.

3. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Well I just drove 500 miles this past weekend in my 1961 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup with a set of 28 1/8"X8"X15" Two Groove Cheaters on the back.And about 20 pairs of tires in the back of the truck, I was amazed how well they preformed with all that weight, Even in the pouring down rain of Arlington.
    The tires on the truck were 235/70/15 Winston Winners with 6 ply steel belted casing

Attached Files:

4. maxwdg

maxwdg

Here's my new Hursts - installed on my '62 Dart... (28 3/4"x8.5"x15 White Walls)

Took Cody exactly 5 days to get them to me - half way accross the country. They look beautiful and run out great. 7.5oz to balance one and 4.25 oz to balance the other - not too bad for the cheats I remember from 25 years ago.

For street legal tires they bite better than anything else I have run consitantly on the street.

As for the races? Okay, they don't stick like the MT wrinkle walls I usually run at the strip, but they stick pretty good when I really got 'em hot.

I had not been at the drags since 1998 and my friend started bugging my to go with him to the Wednesday night test and tune as soon as he heard the car run for the first time. (He had not yet seen the old car run and he's always turnin' wrenches on his 2002 TransAm across the street) He thought he was baiting me with his ohh-so-quick 12.43 runs at 113mph - saying things like "Don't let me out run ya buddy!"

Right...

Driving in right off the street through the muffs and tailpipes, I pulled right into the "fast car lanes" (reserved for 11.99sec and quicker cars) and ran 11.90 @ 118.7mph...

Freaked the dudes out at the strip, man - the "tuner" geeks didn't know what to think and the old guys just folded their arms and shook their heads yes in approval. I'm very pleased.

Oh, and the guy across the street is really actin' defensive now - kinda sullen too. Of course, me taking a copy of Hemmings with all the cool Mopars circled and suggesting that "when he's ready to look into a REAL car, he might look into these..." didn't help things a bit.

Heh heh heh hee hee hawww! I'm such a bastard!

They just don't get it...

Thanks Cody:rolleyes:

Attached Files: