Register now to get rid of these ads!

SLEPE67's 32 5W Build Thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slepe67, Aug 21, 2011.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What was the problem? Tie rod running into it? You could have sleeved with an oblonged hole so the tie rod passed through depending on why they were not working. There's always options though....

2. slepe67

slepe67

Tie rod went straight thru the center of the bone. Grabbed an old set of LONG steering arms & heated them up. No worky & even if it did, it woulda looked like crap. Hairpins it is. Might fit the '60s look I'm going for better anyhow.

Getting tired of driving 40 miles to spend 20 minutes working on my car once a month.

Once I get it sitting on all 4's the way it needs to be, I'll drag it home & start bodywork. All in good time (which I'm short on anyways).

Cannot WAIT to show some progress!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

3. slepe67

slepe67

Oh, yesterday I was googling "32 ford subrails" and came across a pic of my car. Some clown in the UK is trying to scam folks. I started a thread warning potential buyers, and it was deleted. Why?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This was what I was talking about. Now I'm not sure I've ever seen a car with these from way back when but it is an option for those that have a similar problem. But since you're on to wishbones you won't have any worries now. Those'll work just great.

I gave up my space at the Iron Lords shop to save money so I can dump that "rent money" on my '33 now and the '32 (if you can call it that) is sitting at my brother's until I get my '35 on the road and can give up a little more space. So basically I know the "pain" of dreaming of your '32 and not being able to go out and just chip away at it if the mood was right. I've actually thought about cutting the car in half through the roof where it's cracking anyways so I can store it easier until I get to it. Not sure if that would be the smartest idea or the stupidest.

Hold tight, it sounds like when you do get to work on it, you're going to come out swinging!!! Can't wait!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Noted!!! Have you seen the finished Uapac subrails with the floor all welded in and jigged together? They look awesome!!! However, I think in an act of solidarity I'm going to buy brookville roadster subrails and modify them because they are made in America and I don't need perfect subrails as it's a far from perfect start. At this point if I could just find some Roadster doors I'd almost just go that route since most of it is roadster anyways!!! Sigh....

6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Slepe..did not see that and did not delete that.

Keep up the good fight!

7. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

JJ/ has Uapac actually been selling any of these yet?
    I have not seen any of the products yet on the market,... but maybe they are available now..dunno

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Not sure if they're for sale but they were at sema and there's a video of them somewhere. Were suppose to hit the market in January.

9. slepe67

slepe67

Well, I saw a pretty sweet car that came out of a pile of chunks, so you should be OK.

That's the moral dilemma going on in my head (and wallet) right now. I've read about a hundred Model A-on-deuce-frame threads about how they made subrails for that application. A deuce shuldnt be TOO different??? The devil on my shoulder is leaning towards 3/4 x 1" steel tubing. It's getting channeled anyhow. The angel on my other shoulder says to do it right, and get the damn subrails.

No data here either. I've been hearing and hearing about them being available "soon", but nothing more than that.

Something tells me that if my wallet lets me, I may let you know :D

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I wonder is if they having problems getting Ford rights to manufacture(licensing) the parts....or just a horrible economy.....

11. slepe67

slepe67

01 MAY EDIT: movers came early.

Car is OFF the market.

It's going to Montana. Look forward to more progess in the not so near future.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  12. fordman14489

fordman14489
    from N.Y.

Hi, is the 32 5w you have listed still available. thanks

13. fordman14489

fordman14489
    from N.Y.

HI, is the 32 5w still available. thanks

14. fordman14489

fordman14489
    from N.Y.

Hi will you email me about the availability of the 32 5w at [email protected] thanks