Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sleepers! Anybody into sleepers here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by waaaypastredline, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Pitt64, I sent you a PM. :) I never knew about that spot. There were some very quick cars running out of Pittsburgh, bet that was a good place to go.

Don

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

3. The last time I saw one of those L72 4 speed Kingswood Estate it belonged to Buck Holder in Daytona. Old school NASCAR crew chief. He passed about 9 yrs ago. I don't know what happened to the wagon. But it was a real sleeper.

4. Don, you might see some of your old buddys on the Pittsburgh International Dragway web site, take care. :)

http://www.pittsburghinternationaldragway.com/cars.htm

5. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

That Twin Turbo Pontiac is from western PA. I think I was there when they shot that video at the Zelie flashlight drags. It's an amazing car in person.

6. There's gotta be a few more out there..

7. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I don't have a damn thing to do with it, but there's a neat little 64 chevy 2 4dr in the classifieds.:D I'd love to have it. Lippy

8. Smokey2

Smokey2

Good thread idea, waypst redline.................buddy of mine had '55 tudor chevy 150 series.........honkin' machine !
    one night, we were double dating, i'm in bach seat......cuddlin' .......and, i knew we
    were "Flyin' Low" , BUd sez, "LOok here SMOKE , it's turning 7000 in hi gear ".
    I raised up about the time IT Dis-intergrated ! Lefy oil trail about one mile !!!!!

SLEEpers were the thing in my day, plain Jane, black tires, maybe lowered a bit,,
    sanbaggin' was invented during that period..........

good thread, thanks

smoke' BIg SMILe !

9. gasshole

gasshole
    from new jersey

Does this count? It went 11,89 @108 so far

Attached Files:

10. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Hahahah, now that is the ulitmate sleeper! That it the badest farm truck I have ever seen. I would take that to the street races around here and make a killing!

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

For sale recently...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still touting its factory ice blue paint, this ’69 Chevrolet Nova is a true California car. Purchased from its original owner, the current owner – and the one responsible for its transformation into a street shark – has all paper work from original owner even down to its first oil change. The Nova is all original sheetmetal, without a spec of rust in the body. In 1984, the original owner had the Nova repainted, but only back to its original paint. The new owner did his very best to keep all of his modifications beneath the flat factory hood and tucked up above the rockers. The 454, a 540 Dart block and heads, the heads and intake being hand-ported and polished, presses out and impressive 725 horsepower on pump gas, naturally-aspirated. Backing the big block is a built Turbo 400 automatic slushbox with a reverse manual valve body. That spins the steep 4.11 gears in a Ford 9-inch mounted outback with a set of Cal-Trac bars.

12. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Here are some "Sleepers". Factory Appearing Stock Tire Drag Racing.
    F.A.S.T. racing is for 1955 to 1974 cars built in United States and Canadian assembly plants.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eGaC96Q_Wbw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Correct* OEM parts. These parts must be proper for the year, make, model, and horsepower claimed, and they must be Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) parts. Examples: Intake manifold and cylinder heads.

Correct Appearing. Everything not specified otherwise must be correct appearing. &#8220;Correct appearing&#8221; and &#8220;appearing correct&#8221; means: upon a cursory visual inspection by someone reasonably familiar with the year, make and model claimed, it looks like a correct* part.

13. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I wish the '55-'63 period was better represented in FAST racing. I'd love to see somebody give "the treatment" to a '55 Oldsmobile or something like that. It might not be competitive, but it would be way cool.

14. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Agreed...A Traditional F.A.S.T. class.
    Supercharged '57 Fords and Injected Chevys racing would be cool. Chrysler 300s too.

15. venice original

venice original
    from VENICE CA

THIS IS MY SLEEPER I BUILT OVER 20 YEARS AGO AND HAS OVER 1000 TRACK PASSES NOT COUNTING THE STREET RACING AND HAS RAN THE BEST OF 10.71 AT 129 AND NEVER BEEN ON A TRAILER BUT RECEIVED LOTS OF TICKETS IN THE 80s & 90s NOW I JUST CRUISE IT!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Yessir, we're on the same page here. Even 409 Bel Airs and 421 Catalinas would be fun to watch. I believe the rules already preclude the factory lightweight stuff.

17. Gromit

Gromit

[​IMG]

Put this together for a friend/customer. Stock looking '59 Healley on steel wheels and caps. It has an OT Mustang 302 and 5 speed and dual exhaust. Looks like grandpa's healey sitting on the grass at car shows, then sounds like Armageddon when he fires up and smokes the skins in all 5 gears. I love this car :)

18. brandon

brandon

19. pchop51

pchop51
    from minnesota

O/T but kinda fits sleeper 2002 ranger with a crown vic 4.6
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I guess you could say the plan for my wife&#8217;s &#8216;61 Falcon is going to be a bit of a sleeper. It&#8217;s going to be a total chick car (pink, column shifter, fancy interior with zodiac vinyl, etc.) but with a 275 hp 327 from a &#8216;66 Caprice. Should be surprisingly quick while looking like your average 200/C4 cruiser.

21. the shadow

the shadow

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

You just said the magic word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.