Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sleds in September Branson, MO. Sept 16-18

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Anyone headed to Sleds in September in Branson, MO this year? I plan on being there, although without a car....Merc is still spread all over my shop. :( Talked briefly with Kurt McCormick and he plans on being there. He said if the weather wasn't too hot, he might bring the Dream Truck. :D I have never seen it person, so I am keeping my fingers crossed...

2. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

I will NEVER go to any show that Lynn has anything to do with.

3. Gosh, sorry to hear that. He has never been anything but great with me.

Anyone who happens to go, be sure to say "hi"....I'm a tall middle age guy with curly hair (a 4 year old at church once called it fluffy lol) and probably a Stray Kat 500 shirt pouting without his merc. :)

4. willymakeit

willymakeit

I will proably go since I live in the area. Outa be fun. Where in Branson is it ?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Is there a swap meet?

6. 69supercj

69supercj

Yeah I'll probably go down, as its just 40 miles or so. Where at in Branson is it?

7. I got an email yesterday that it will be at Area 57, the show area right next door to Dick Clark's theater. Dunno if there is an "official" swap meet....there hasn't really been much of one in the past, although some folks had odds and ends out to sell. There have been a few vendors in the past as well. I've enjoyed it the times I have gone. Nice laid back show with lots of hanging out and yackin'. Rained a couple of years ago and was one of the best hang out times I have had. Mick Bryan was there as well as some of the other Stray Kats and it was great to hang with them when they aren't running around like crazy managing a show.

8. willymakeit

willymakeit

Are you sure its in Area 57 ? The F100 event was moved from there this year because the area was sold. Just curious.

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Kats will not be going to Branson. We are going to hang out in Toni-town, Arkansas
    Sad to say I hadn't been down there in years and we are looking forward to the trip. I
    hope that we can get back across the border..

Happy Trails, Mick

10. Big Time

Big Time
    from Missouri

Yes, definitely at Area 57 - we have been at the same location every year, except last year we had to change it due to the financial difficulties and uncertainties that the last property owner was facing, but now that he is gone, the original owner has the property back, and we are set! Area 57!

If you have any questions, feel free to call, anytime. We would love to have you all come....we have lots of cool stuff planned, and a bunch of kool iron already committed. Branson is really going out of their way to help us this year in providing great Door prizes and game prizes and exclusive discounts. We have the 2 for 1 show tickets again, Shopping Tours with free transportation, Free Friday night Supper with the Platters for participants, and various entertainers coming by for Photo Opportunities. The Host Hotel is at the Show grounds and is offering 50.00 a night rooms for Sleds participants. Alan Mayes with Car Culture Deluxe will be coming in on Friday and covering the event this year in person, and Kustoms Illustrated will be covering us again as well. We have a Flame throwing contest on Sat night where we are offering CASH prizes! So all you Pyro's get your tailpipes down to Branson! Of course a 50/50 pot and Really Kool Awards. We have Vendors and if you have some old stuff you want to bring and throw on a table or the ground and offer for sale or trade - bring it! We are offering way to much to list...We are looking forward to a great show. Hope to see you all there.
    Kruisin Low and Slow,
    Lynn
    Sleds in September - Sept 16-18 Branson, MO
    www.sledsinseptember.com
    417-588-7900