Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Slammed 31 A coupe....FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooliganshotrods, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I like this car. The fab work is cool too. I'm not condemning anything. Just an opinion....I like 'em a hair higher and with more rake. thassalll.

2. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

As for rake, sometimes they can sit nice and level and still look "right":)

Attached Files:

3. ...look like she got 6" heels on....but still look like a tall girl....

4. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Wow, don't follow the thread for a bit and look what happens, LOL.

First off guys, I have ZERO problems with anyone voicing their opinions on what they like or don't, I never took any of the previous posts as an insult. Agreed, it's my build and I'll continue to build it the way I want it, I've said it pages ago, everyone likes something different. I appreciate those who chimed in on some of the posts by others, but it was un necessary. I knew when I posted a hot rod on air ride over here there would be those who wouldn't like it.

5. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

No secrets, the body is going to be a 2 tone brown, the motor is now painted a metallic pearl rootbeer, and I've got some Tacoma cream for the wheels.

Here's a tease of the motor color, wheel color, the 2 tone brown for the body I'm waiting, got some "other" parts drying in those colors and want to see if they are what I want or not.

Motor color, I've got it painted and cleared and waiting to bolt on some aluminum parts, hopefully the base/clear will hold up to the heat of the block. It's painted over a high heat primer plus the high heat orange it used to be. I've read a ton saying that base/clear is fine on the motor. We'll see I guess.
    [​IMG]

Tacoma cream for the wheels. I've got a fresh set of 35 wires powder coated black so I'll paint the orange set this color and decide what I like better. My frame is gloss black.
    [​IMG]

The 2 tones of brown I chose for the body fall into the middle of the root beer and cream.

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Ohhhhhh yeah......

7. bfinch56

bfinch56

8. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

9. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

I reek of cognitive dissonance by saying this, but this is too cool.

10. Heres the car instead of the link. If you want to see more of the build of this car, his name is Voodoo Larry and builds killer customs. Google "Voodoo psychosis". I love the paint scheme and the details.
    [​IMG]

11. corpsewheelie

corpsewheelie

MAN!!!! i was going to paint my sport coupe that color haha with cream body line trim! haha good choice on color and great build so far, keep up the good work.

12. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I'm really diggin this style coupe! Going to look great.

13. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys.

I've been spending the last couple days strippings and prepping the motor for paint. Sprayed the rootbeer base/clear yesterday and did the rest of the assembly today. 4 coats base, 3 coats clear, it's a really deceiving color that just pops alive under the sunlight.

Still more bling to put on (headers (to make still), water crossover, alternator and mount, spark plug covers etc) wanna also paint or powder coat the carb bases , gonna paint the script" Chrysler Firepower" on the valve covers the lighter brown for the body or silver. Thought about a chrome set but not sure yet, the covers still may change.
    [​IMG]
    Totally different in the sun/light
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I decided on a 2 tone brown color scheme for the body, just needed to pick them which seemed easier than I thought. After 4 different shades of lighter brown I'm settling for this color scheme. It will be spilt up at the belt line, darker roof, lighter lower, the belt line and beads that run the quarter panels and wheel wells will be the darker brown.

I have zero experience painting anything but I tried the 2 tone paint on the original upper dash after and I gotta say I really like the colors, they blend well with the motor I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think that I'll stick to the black powder coated wire wheels I have already and maybe later put them on a set of blackwall tires instead of the whites I have, I think that would really pop the paint colors.

14. Looking a lot better than I thought it would.
    Excellent in fact.

15. msalamanca

msalamanca

This guy means biz.

16. kracker36

kracker36

Speaking of rake, this post needs to be raked off the forum.

17. I'd chrome the valve covers and paint the pulleys.

18. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I made the mistake of powder coating my Artilleries "Jersey Cream" which is just slightly lighter that "Tocoma", and then mounted wide white Firestone "Piecrust" Bias Plys. It just didnt look right. If you keep the cream wheels do Blackwalls. Just my opinion guys:)

19. hotrods247

hotrods247

looks great... outstanding work this hobby would not be as cool if all the cars were black or white 32 fords cookie cutter cars.... i think you should absolutely build it your way..... i would venture to say 90 % of the so called traditional cars are not 100% traditional everyones interputation is different..... did you build the car with a stick welder if not its not traditional ....interputation build them,drive them, if it makes you HAPPY then thats cool baskin&robbins ice cream has been in business 75 years with 31 flavors ... a true testament that not everyone likes the same thing ... bitchin ride

20. Dave Nickerson

Dave Nickerson

looks great.. where did you get the wheels and tires??

21. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Perfect colors!!!

22. psychotitan

psychotitan
    from LA

I'm really not sure what to say. "Incredible" just isn't capturing my thoughts... =)

23. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys.

For now, I'll be mounting the black wire wheels on my wide whites, eventually I think I'll buy a set of blackwall Firestone pie crust tires. The orange wire wheels I'll paint the cream color and keep them around. Having 2 sets of wheels and tires won't hurt either:D

I have the chassis in primer and ready for paint. Trying to decide between the lighter brown or black. If I go black I may chrome or nickel plate the entire front suspension and Buick drums.....decisions, decisions?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  24. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Hey guys, I posted an ad in the classifieds for a set of used blackwall tires, if anyone has some. Used is fine but not beat to shit!! I'd like to grab a cheap used set if possible before I spend the $$$.

25. n847

n847

Wheels and tires are like watches and shoes, you have to have different options for different events!

Oh and I dig that color! Thats gonna be Rad!

26. Fenders

Fenders

I love a car you can't see out of... Darwin will get his revenge.

27. Stone

Stone

Awesome build.

28. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks guys!!

Been away on vacation in Mexico with the wife and 5 year old son Linkoln, back now and banging at the coupe again.

Had the chassis in paint before I left, I was unsure on the color but am convinced now that the caramel brown parts/accents will be enough to tie it all together

The picture doesn't accurately represent the color, it's very tan brown like in the picture in an earlier post. It looks way lighter in color in the pic.

[​IMG]

A few more reasons I don't belong in the subarbs, had the parts hanging on an eavestrough prior to the rain, my neighbors love me........LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had the "new" black powder coated 35 wires mounted today:

[​IMG]

29. Itchy

Itchy

I'm a sucker for those colors. Its going to look real classy.