Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Skot Ingram Accident - OK'ed by Ryan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irishpol, May 28, 2014.

1. Went to the surgeons office today.....right arm is mending correctly. He told me to take off he sling.....whoo hooo. Now I have to reprogram that arm....doesn't work very well....YET.
    Going to PT tomorrow .....right arm is added to the list.....

I am a happy camper.....gonna be back in that ol Dragster pretty soon(no, not gonna push it)

THANKS for all the good thoughts and prayers.....they work!

Skot

2. Andy

Andy

That is wonderful news. I am so happy to hear of great progress. You have the entire HAMB pulling for you.

3. Update.....I have driven a car to the local store....not a Hot Rod, it had a automatic in it (still having problems with shifting).....man, this relearning and rebuilding body stuff has tuned into "my new job"(since I'm still off work).....patience is a word I hear a lot lately....haha
    The little Dragster looks "lonely" sitting over there.....soon....

4. Skotz
    i just wanted to say "get well and hang tough" from the west coast.

5. belair

belair

Rehab is no fun, but neither is reduced mobility and flexibility. Heal fast, DotD is not that far off.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do ALL the PT, to the letter. If you don't get it back now, you won't.

I have shattered much of my right side, and nearly ripped my foot off.

Have just a faint limp, thanks to aggressive PT.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry I missed this thread when it first came out, just want to add my wishes for a full recovery. Bob

8. Drugs seem to be working! Hahaha!

Just give some time to let the Glue dry before you try any stunts!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Just checking in to see how your doing,, Tim Jones

10. Searcher

Searcher

Just ran across this thread..... Best of wishes to you Skot.
    I've had shoulder surgary to correct a dislocating shoulder years ago ( I know your injury is different) and know a little about the recovery and PT after 5 dislocations and the surgary . When you don't use these body parts for just a short time they really loose their strength. But with the PT and time the body does heal.
    You just learn what you can and can't do and have to be careful ... always thinking before you do certain things in recovery.... Like I can't throw a baseball over hand... or I just don't. I do shift a truck daily and most other things.

Prayers and good luck sent your way.

11. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Youve got a good attitude for recovery.Best of luck to you!

12. yea and remember to follow the therapists directions to the letter, I didn't and almost messed up the recovery on my shoulder surgery grrrr................plus pissed off the doctor............

13. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Great news Skot, so glad your mending up. Weird times all around lately. Remember, real men listen to their wives and doctors. Hope to see you back in the saddle, full speed ahead.

14. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

So ,how are you doing Skotz?

15. Well, here is yet another update....part Cool, ...... part Arghhhh

First Cool part.....I flew on of the planes last Sunday....1946 Navion....yes, I had a "check pilot" along (we always have a responsibility to keep the planes "safe")....really a good shot in the arm....whooo hoooo

Now, as Paul Harvey would say...."the rest of the story" After yesterday's PT session, I had a revaluation at the Surgeon's office.....he has to go in and either move things around, or cut off the upper section of the arm bone and put in a titanium replacement....thats the "ackkk"part:eek: He said that this will actually speed up the process, because I seem sorta stuck with limited movement at this time.

Sooo, the "Mister Positive" in me reminds me that I am alive(was kinda iffy for a while) and that I do have an arm to be worked on.....both points are biggies. Weds, Sept 3rd ....spare thoughts and prayers always accepted:)

And I still haven't given up my seat in the little Flathead Dragster for Day of the Drags on October....we'll see how all this works out by then:cool:

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good to hear man hang in there with the good arm.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

did the tractor/mower run over you, and chew you up some?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Prayers sent! Hope it all goes well, and your car back in that dragster in no time!

19. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Yes Skot, I understand the Arghhh Part. But as long as you have Mister Positiv inside you, I'll bet you recover and hopfully get back in the seat behind the blown Flathead and smell the Alky fumes, and a low 9 sec/ high 8 at the scoreboard;) Best wishes from over here:)

/K

Taildragger&fenderless

20. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

Skot, mom had titanium rods in both arms. Both times she had mobility back almost immediately. You ought to ask about the weight difference to see if its going to make you lighter for the race car....lol keep at my friend. Glad to hear you're on the mend. See you soon. Jim

21. seatex

seatex

You're a tuff 'ol fart, Skotz! Hope to see 'ya at DOD!

22. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Just keep on exorcising and following the smell of nitro and you'll be looking a 9's next year.

23. The big wheel ran over my chest, arms....the double cutter 10 ft wide shredder wasn't running and it took me under(tried to climb on top, but the shattered arm didn't have any push in it)....it tumbled me like a sack of potatoes under there for 60 ft....I was awake for the whole ride....I can remember seeing the blades and seeing a little gap of light towards the rear, and thinking there wasn't room to get out....kinda scary....finally I am on the ground and the tractor is headed for the next county. If I had been a few inches either way the tractor or the shredder would have gone over my head....

I tried to get up, so I could drive myself to the hospital....and I was upset cause I was going to get the Mustang all muddy inside.....reality hadn't set in....haha....yes it is funny now. Shoot fire, I couldn't roll over, much less get up....somehow found my phone, slightly cracked....and was able to dial that 911 number they talk about....Took an hour for the ambulance to get there(I really do live out in the middle of Nowhere, Texas). All said and done....it wasn't my time to go...."He" has some sort of plans for me....yeaaa

It has been a strange trip....the recovery process isn't easy....but I am a very optimistic person, and I know things are going to work out with time

25. Take the new parts and you'll heal 6 to 8 months faster! I know this from my own experience! The older you get the more you've got to rely on the hardware store!

26. Oh... don't forget to let the glue dry!

27. jerry

jerry

Good thoughts out your way, everyday.

No better therapy than getting out and doing some fun!

jerry

28. best wishes and prayers on the next modification.....

29. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Heck now your gonna be a Kustom guy now too ! Best wishes on your recovery, we'll keep the prayers coming.