Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Skot Ingram Accident - OK'ed by Ryan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irishpol, May 28, 2014.

1. jeta12

jeta12

Hopes and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

irishpol likes this.
  2. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

Scott:
    We here in the Scorpion camp wish you the best. Get well soon ,at our ages we don't need our mechanical things to add to our aches and pains.
    Don Ross

irishpol likes this.
  3. Don't know you Skot, but if this is your Get Well card, consider it signed by me.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

irishpol likes this.
  4. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Yes, He's still in a lot of pain but they are getting him up and walking around a bit, He's doing breathing exercises to strengthen his lungs because the busted ribs are not helping the way they should. Today he proudly told me that he went to the bathroom on his own! that's one way of judging progress I guess. He more upbeat and lucid and is moving a little easier. It's still going to be several weeks before he's back in the shop knuckle busting on flatheads!

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I stopped by yesterday morning... and boy, he was hurting... So much so, that I didn't stick around long. But I was there long enough to give him some pretty good reading material. I'll head up north again sometime this week and check on him.

irishpol likes this.
  6. Been mowing on my tractor all day, in places I probably shouldn't.
    Thanks for a wake up call.
    Hope Skot recovers quickly.

irishpol likes this.
  7. As I have been saying to the wife for years, flathead digger driving is a lot safer than working in the yard......
    Get well quick Skot that digger is waiting for you!!!

irishpol likes this.

8. DANG!!!!

Get well soon and I look forward to seeing you again and hopefully seeing you and your car at the "Melt Down Drags!"

irishpol likes this.
  9. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

Quick update: Skot's being moved to St David's rehab hospital in Georgetown later today... as soon as I have more details I let y'all know.

10. That's good news and shows he is progressing,we keep hoping for a speedy recovery and moving Skot to rehab is move in the right direction! HRP

irishpol likes this.
  11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

We've got your back buddy, get better soon.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

irishpol likes this.
  12. yep - he's really a good guy.....we're all pulling for a speedy recovery Skot !

irishpol likes this.
  13. Hey guys.....I'm really smiling from all the support and nice words

This is one of the hardest ordeals that I have been dealt.....broken clavicle, 16 ribs,some multiple and the fricking right arm....I am learning the definition of Pain, my gosh, this is nuts

I'm gonna win.....got way too many good things and friends to let a setback like this stop me!!!

Progress with Flathead Fever is just going to slow down for a short bit, until I can climb back into that little bitty thing.....I'll just have to remember the 9.56 et / 143.5 mph stuff as my goals to look forward to :)

And yes, that danged ol tractor has an OHV engine in it....should have been more wary of it

Thanks for everything

irishpol likes this.
  14. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Glad to here your doing alittle better, Keep at it, and get an old flathead tractor:D,, Tim Jones

irishpol likes this.
  15. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

Great news Skot on your getting better.....get the recovery over fast

irishpol likes this.
  16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Skot,
    Sorry to hear of your accident,but very happy to hear you are alive and recovering.
    You're in our thoughts and prayers Brother.

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

irishpol likes this.
  17. Good to hear from the man himself...Take it slow and easy for a while..the dragster and Stearman will wait for you

irishpol likes this.
  18. Reminds me of my 1978 car accident, amazed that I survived to tell the tale, so you should do fine. I didn't go back to work full time until 1983. Work hard in rehab, it'll pay off big time.

Bob

irishpol likes this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's good to see that you are healing and can let us in on your progress yourself.

irishpol likes this.
  20. good to hear and glad your getting well....oh....and they did do a 8BA conversions on the old 8N's...(just sayin')....

irishpol likes this.
  21. Skot hope you are doing better take care

irishpol likes this.
  22. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

"Flatheads Forever, Mowers Never!" Great news you're doing rehab.

irishpol likes this.
  23. saltracer

saltracer

Skot, Hurry up and get better we gotta hook up at Day of the Drags, seriously hope you feel better everyday!

irishpol likes this.
  24. Wish it was as small as an 8N....would have been a whole lot "lighter"....and yes I did want to do that conversion, when I had one....just couldn't decide to go blown or not....haha

I am one lucky son of a gun, all said....lots of friends stirred up,.... gonna live, .....the pain will slowly go away.

Thanks again for all the support.....it was really a good boost when I was able to check in with my "HAMB" family

irishpol likes this.
  25. dadz34

dadz34
    from Argyle, TX

Skot,

REALLY thankful you survived and are on the mend! You have lotz (mispelling intended) of friends out here who are more than willing to step in and help when you are in need. This is what life is all about in my opinion. You simply have to let us. I look forward to seeing you soon!

irishpol likes this.
  26. Skot,haven been busted up a bad motorcycle wreck back in the 70's and having most of my ribs broken on the right side and enough pins,screws and rods in my right leg and ankle to set of alarms in the airport security screening I can sympathize with you.

A good,although a bit warped sense of humor, and of course good pain management medication and you are well on your way to recovery.

I hope you are out of rehab soon and back to your old hijinks. HRP

irishpol likes this.
  27. So I take it you can't drive?

Just get the car to the "Melt Down" and I think we can find plenty of volunteers to drive your rail down the 1320!

irishpol likes this.
  28. pitman

pitman

Laughed like hell at his description of the mower! (OHV)
    Glad to hear you're in rehab Skot.

irishpol likes this.
  29. Skot, sounds like we needed a 6point harness a roll cage and maybe a hon's device.
    Get well

irishpol likes this.
  30. I don't know Skot...but I hate for bad things to happen to pretty much anyone. Hope he recovers as best as possible!

irishpol likes this.