Register now to get rid of these ads!

Six Deuces

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MIGHTY, Sep 28, 2006.

1. MIGHTY

MIGHTY

I Got Six 2jets W/velocity Stacks And Need Screens For Em 2 1/2" I.d. Thought Id Make Some Out Of Stainless Perf But Need To Have Smaller Holes. Anyone Know Where To Get Some Screens I Can Just Throw In For Now?

2. MilesM

MilesM

I got a set of six brass screens from Mounds (sp?). You could do a search if my spelling is right.

3. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

mooneyes makes some nice ones also can you metal mesh for a window screen just buy it by the roll

4. Bugman

Bugman

Window screen works great. if you want smaller holes, double it up.

5. beatnik

beatnik

The Hot Rod Company sells these cool little Scoop Style Air Filters for keeping the dirt out. They have a screen and a flilter. There for 94's and 97's but they should work with 2-jets

[​IMG]

6. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Its MAUND. Type that into Ebay and there should be some.

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I have been using an idea for a few years that works great. Get some small square hardware cloth and cut it just a bit oversize so when you push it in the bottom of the scoop it will slightly dome. Now, get a pre-filter element for outdoor power equipement( lawnmower, etc) and cut it the same size. Along with a second piece of hardware cloth sandwich the 3 pieces together in the bottom of the scoop. I find that with a little K&N oil on the foam that it does a great job of filtering. When it gets dirty just remove, wash, and replace.