Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

This just doesn't look like its rotting, if it is then it better saved quick!

2. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Black in the grille indicates Tempest LeMans, "lesser" Tempests would be all silver anodized.

3. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

Tok 080.JPG

Tok 010.JPG

Tok 074.JPG

Tok 025.JPG

Tok 031.JPG

Tok 042.JPG

Tok 087.JPG

I think it was a Tempest. I didn't get much time to cover the 5 or so acres.

The nose of the Hornet was being used along with an old Caddy and some pallets, as fence for a pig pen. There was another pig pen with cars as fence for it.

There was a GM COE that looked drivable, but my camera batteries crapped out before I could get pictures.

The old guy that owns the place, said things like:

I'm going to fix one or two of them up. :rolleyes:

I've been offered $40K for 10 cars, but there's got to be somebody willing to pay more, so I'm waiting for a better deal. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of running my dozer over some of them to crush them for scrap, because the price of scrap is up right now.

4. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

What is this?

It was on the Buick Wildcat and appears to be OEM.

Attached Files:

5. You know nobody ever offered 40 K and he isnt going to run over them with the dozer. He is enjoying his collection in his own way. Bet he got a big kick out of pulling your leg. Once I was riding a horse and this animal loving peta type lady was telling me all about horses and what I should be doing & what I wasnt doing correctly. Then she asked the horse,s name. I stated he he aint got a name. She wanted to know why? I stated Lady I aint gonna put a name on a horse that Ill probably kill and eat this winter!:eek: Us old geezers have a warped sense of humor:D. OldWolf

6. Some sitting up in New Hampshire.

Attached Files:

7. [​IMG]

Now with a full photo, it's a 63, not a '64 and probably a Lemans since it has a 326. The Tempests more likely came with the 4 bangers.

8. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

Haven't spent much time in Alaska, have ya?

Example:

Residents of Trapper Creek Alaska (pop. 513) had a bit of a scare after 50 homes in the tiny hamlet an hour north of Wasilla were evacuated last night. The evacuations resulted because of the report of 550 pounds of unstable explosives in an old abandoned station wagon sitting on the owner’s property, near a local air strip. The vehicle had been parked there since the mid 1990s.

The owner and respected local taxidermist is now being called “Gator the Detonator” by residents. “He does good work,” said a former Trapper Creek resident of Gator’s taxidermy skills. He is also the former owner of the local watering hole Cache Creek Lodge, previously owned by the infamous "gorilla mask robber" found guilty of five counts of bank robbery back in 1992. “He’s a character. I wouldn’t necessarily call him the town drunk… “inebriate” sounds more upscale,” noted an observer.

Gator apparently placed a call to Wildlife Troopers himself, to report the explosives he had been storing in the vehicle. The dynamite, which had become unstable and was weeping nitroglycerin, was detonated in the wee hours of the morning by an explosives team from Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson. Residents from evacuated homes within a mile radius of the station wagon holed up in the Trapper Creek Elementary School, which was just outside the evacuation zone. The impressive blast rattled windows in the school, according to an evacuee, and was reportedly heard as far away as Wasilla. Local residents outside the evacuation zone woke with a start, some thinking there had been an earthquake.

One local resident commented, “That’s a hell of a way to get rid of a junk car.”

9. The only 40K the old geezer will get are a nest of 40K hornets.:p

10. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Here is a 55 GMC that I found in a field. Was sitting there since 81' until I saved it and I am now in the process of restoring it back to a daily driver.

Attached Files:

11. barney rubble

barney rubble

Automatic headlight dimmer I think.

12. Found an old junk yard not far from my house along an old railroad bed.

Attached Files:

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  13. B9

B9

Adjustable distance auto diming headlamps. Don't think it ever worked right. I have it on my 63 Olds but havn't tried it yet.

14. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

OldWolf, you're my kind o' people! :D LOL

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

GM Phase I Positron Collider.:cool: Nasty piece of ordnance. Just LOOK at what it did
    to the windshield when the pilot forgot to re-set it to "Stun" only! :eek:

16. I'm pretty sure that's called the Autronic Eye.

17. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Bidding on this crap so it don't go to the crusher,,,,,,:confused:

Attached Files:

18. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

In the top of pic 2/bottom of pic 3 looks to be the tail end of a late 20's/early 30's coupe/roadster!
    Shovel, chainsaw and boots/sideiron for snakes, etc.
    Though its been there a long time, there may be parts that are under the surface layer but not in the earth and may be salvageable.
    Great find. I'd dig that entire stash out.

19. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

[​IMG]

Found this truck a few years ago at a Christmas Tree farm. It looks pretty far gone.

20. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

[​IMG]
    Wish I had the space/money/time...and skill haha

21. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like some of that stuff can be saved.....

22. Deuces

Deuces

x2!

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

What I said in Post #2112: I LOVE this thread! Footfeed, I'd have to say, YOU found some pretty rare shit, man :eek:. If these two cars haven't been picked over already, I'd go back and see if the goodies are still under the hoods, too. :) The 326 was a decent engine in STOCK form, so I'd love to know what the factory hopped this model up with!:confused:

Well, I dug into it some more, and I do believe this is a special car, probably worth saving. Like Bomb and NMCarNut, I think it's a '63 LeMans. And I think there's a good chance a ONE-YEAR-ONLY engine is under that hood -- a 336-CID masquerading as a 326, actually! See citations I found, below, and see what you think. Me, I'd try and buy the WHOLE car and put it in a dry place for eventual resto.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bomb said: Now with a full photo, it's a 63, not a '64 and probably a Lemans since it has a 326.

In 1963 Pontiac dropped the Buick sourced 215 aluminum V8 it had offered on the Pontiac Tempest and replaced it with a small-bore version of the standard 389 Pontiac V8. It shared the 389's 3.75 in (95 mm) stroke, but its bore was originally 3.78 giving it a displacement of 336 C.I.D.It was rated at 250 hp (190 kW) with 8.6:1 compression and 260 hp (194 kW) at 10.25:1 compression. Both used a single two-barrel carburetor.A 4bbl version was rated at 280 hp.
    In 1964 when the new "A" body intermediates came out there was a new corporate (GM) engine size limitation to anything less than 330 cu. in. and so the 326 bore size was reduced to 3.72 giving a true 326 cu.in. The 326 subsequently became the optional V8 engine for Tempests, and later the Firebird, through 1967.

Reference: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_V8_engine

For the 1963 model year, LeMans became a separate series that achieved nearly 50% of all combined Tempest and LeMans production.

The version introduced for 1963 was a little bit larger and slightly heavier than the previous two years models. It also came with a redesigned transaxle that greater improved handling and offered a high-performance option that was much more powerful that the barely ordered 215. Eventually the 215 was replaced by Pontiac's all new 326-cubic inch V8, which was a motor that came with the same external dimensions of the old and trusty 389, but featured different internals which were designed to produce more torque.

A brand new updated version of the automatic transmission which was now officially stamped 'TempesTorque' was dubbed with even more intense internals to handle this. The 326 which was very high-compression had an output of 260 hp and 352 lb/ft of torque. The actual displacement was 336 cu. inches, the advertised number was 326 since no GM division was allowed to have a motor that was larger than the Corvette's 327. The weight was brought up to 260lbs over an 195 cu. inches Trophy 4 and weight distribution changed only slightly to 54/46 due to the cast-iron mill.

Car Life magazine was impressed and appreciated that performance was strong enough and stated 'No one will wonder why they didn't use the 389,' and fuel economy with the 326 ranged up to 19 mpg. Quite popular was the V8 engine option as 52% of the 131,490 buyers of the Tempests and LeMans were sold in 1963 and were ordered with the 326. In 1963, the 326 was sold as a one year-only motor, and the following year the displacement was adjusted and it was now actually 326 cubic inches.

Reference: www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z16982/Pontiac-Tempest.aspx

25. The 326 was no slouch. A classmate in high school had a 64 Lemans with one. It was a really nice car and it could break the rear tires loose with little effort. Looking under the hood it was hard to tell it from a 389.
    These cars were really under appreciated back then since Chevelles and Camaros had all the off the shelf speed accessories. There really really wasn't much out there for the 326.

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would love the 35 Ford's and remains of the Buick ragtop in yer pics !:D

27. Foot Feed

Foot Feed
    from AK

OK, OK, I'll see what I can do. It ain't going to be easy to get the guy to sell anything. But I'll work on it.

28. BadbeatFactory

BadbeatFactory

This thread is like a drug...I know I shouldnt look, but I cant help myself. It also makes me want to punch some of these people in the throat...

29. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

30. Too bad you're in Canada or for that matter too far away. I'm sure I'd find something in that 200 cars that I'd like.