Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. hmmmm i wonder where those are

2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

damn what kinda money does he want for that merc woody?

3. screwball

screwball

how much for the dodges coupe and p/u

4. TiredIronGRB

TiredIronGRB

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

6. 5w30

5w30
    from oregon

Ran across these i saved the 30 and 33.

Attached Files:

7. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Reminder to self ( never leave the house with out big stack of cash)!!

8. Bob W

Bob W
    from Here

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  9. Nice collection there. How about that rear wheel ? Bet a few guys would want that.

Attached Files:

10. [​IMG]

What is this? Rumbleseat and salesmans drawer? Terraplane had something like that.

11. From what I can find, it looks like 36-37 Cadillac or LaSalle. Both had similar 3 piece rear windows, the tail lights look more like 37 Cadillac model 70

12. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

I've never understood the mental block that some of these people have about not selling these cars to people who will keep them alive and running. I am so sick of hearing "ah, we're gonna fix that ol car up one day" yeah right sure you are. A few years back i found a mint 65 Chevy truck in an old man's backyard that he bought new. I stopped, knocked on the door. It took him 10 minutes to get to the door because he was in a walker and could barely even move. He had to have been pushing 80. When i asked him if he would sell me the truck he says "no sir, i'm gonna restore that ol truck one of these days". I'm standing there with my jaw on the floor thinking to myself "are you crazy old man"? I drove past his house again a month or so later and the truck was gone, LMFAO!!!! What a joke.

13. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

From the La Salle page ,,,,

factory dimensional drawings for this style
    <SMALL>Right: both the stationary coupe and the convertible coupe, below, had a rumble seat incorporated in the rear deck;
    there was room also for a single spare wheel in a separate compartment under the rumble seat
    </SMALL>

Attached Files:

14. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Perhaps it was out being restored? :D Hate to see anything just sit and rot, but I hardly think he was a "crazy old man" he owned the mint 65 he bought new and has good intentions at almost 80. We should all be so lucky.

15. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

I hear that,,,,,,,, But,,,, From the other side of the coin you do meet some interesting, Disappointed car buffs that think you never will get her done.
    After 3 Gard dogs and 25 + years of saying "Hell No" some of those old guys come threw.

Attached Files:

16. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Before I started walking the yard, the owner said "remember, everything is for sale".
    I came back with a list of cars I wanted, everyone of them he had "plans" for!

17. Austin7nut

Austin7nut
    from Sussex UK.

Looks like an Austin in front too :)

18. Austin7nut

Austin7nut
    from Sussex UK.

What the heck is that?

19. Hutch1

Hutch1

Here are a couple that are sitting and rotting. A friend/co-worker of mine is keeping a close watch on both, he has been unsuccessful on purchasing either of them but swears they will be his some day.

The house and piece of property are empty, but a neighbor tells us the Impala was driven to the place it sits over 25 years ago, the odometer shows 80k. The car is not missing a single piece and is as straight as an arrow, minus the tree that is molesting the fender.

Not much is known about the Anglia, it looks to have been a delivery vehicle of some kind, hand painted letters and numbers can be made out on it. It is missing the front clip, engine, and interior, but the body and frame are solid.

Attached Files:

• 0031.jpg
      0031.jpg
      File size:
      186.5 KB
      Views:
    • 0032.jpg
      0032.jpg
      File size:
      200.1 KB
      Views:
    • 0034.jpg
      0034.jpg
      File size:
      194.2 KB
      Views:
    • 0036.jpg
      0036.jpg
      File size:
      156.4 KB
      Views:
    • 0039.jpg
      0039.jpg
      File size:
      145.5 KB
      Views:
    • 0028.jpg
      0028.jpg
      File size:
      154.7 KB
      Views:
    • 0026.jpg
      0026.jpg
      File size:
      147.6 KB
      Views:
  20. Hutch1

Hutch1

Anglia...Don't know much about these other than I built a 1/24th scale model of one in the early 80s - gasser style with a one piece front flip front end, still have it actually.

Attached Files:

21. abone1930

abone1930

Man I would be all over that. I would be like Sherlock Holmes:D My Mom does land titles. I might be able to find an owner of the property.

22. 1oldracer

1oldracer

Here's some photos I took on a trip to N & S Dakotas a few years ago. All this stuff is for sale.

Attached Files:

23. flat_mountain

flat_mountain

I put this on another post but seems more appropriate here. People are going to do what they want with their property. While none of us really agree that these things should be left to rot away, we can't make some one sell them. Period. Case in point, my brother just sent me a few pictures of a private collection he came upon while hunting. He made contact with the owner, who inherited the collection from his Dad. The fellow was polite enough but stated none of the cars are for sale or ever will be. He stated that one day he plans to dig a big hole and bury them all. His dad was buried in one of the cars, so this may very well happen. He allowed my brother to shoot a few pictures as they talked and walked around his property but wasn't interested in any offers. My brother states there were several fully restored cars sitting under a pole barn going to waste as well as dozens of good parts cars. I'm including few shots he sent me. These are mostly Fords and Mercurys. Try not to cry.

Attached Files:

24. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

Hearse's seem popular on this thread.
    1949 Buick near Tacna AZ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Mexico somewhere
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

I just seen that Ford retractable,,,, Reminded me of this one. And some Hearses,,,,,,,,,

Attached Files:

26. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

This was in a Barn on condemned land by the city ordered to torn down for a new roadway.

Attached Files:

27. lexman24

lexman24

Awsome! I would have really enjoyed that.