Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. And back to "Sitting and Rotting''. FB or EK Holden in a paddock next to our local drag strip, used the telephoto for shot.
    [​IMG]

2. tinsled

tinsled

Wow!
    Is this a 1929-30 Chrysler? - Way too nice to rot away under plastic tarp.

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Being a teacher (middle school band director), I would love nothing more than to have a bus like that to haul instruments/equipment to concerts, games, etc!!! :D

4. It was part of a hoard that sold at a estate auction Jan 1st. Likely went from setting & rotting where it was to setting and rotting at some new location.

kbgreen and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Reminds me of when I was going to school.
    Windows tasted like the mint the other kid was eating.
    Really, what a cool tow vehicle, camper, parts getter.

6. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Cool bus. It appears that the bus would be a pretty simple chop too. Now here's my asshole... Oops, I mean opinion, haha. Not being a fan of gun slot windows, I would have sectioned it about 6 inches and left the windows 6 inches taller. Not a lot more work and a very different result. Cool bus.

Montanakid's bus has even cooler possibilities in my mind, much shorter I think. Might even fit on an F250 chassis from the 70's/80's. Then the modern steering and brakes are already installed. Perhaps just the front 5 feet of the F250 chassis.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    czuch, chryslerfan55 and RMR&C like this.
  7. I found a couple more shots of that Fisher Body. Sure has a lot of metal structure in the doors for that vintage, at least compared to the GM stuff I have seen?
    Fisher Body 3 window 1.jpg Fisher Body 3 window 2.jpg

8. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It might have something to do with the subliminal messaging that a "short bus" would represent.

9. Vernon2

Vernon2

That is a Senior Six Dodge Brothers 1927/28

stillrunners likes this.
  10. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

I have always liked the odd ball cars/trucks/etc. the bus was sitting and rotting in our local junkyard for 40+years. But if some of these uncool vehicles are not saved, the next generation won’t know what was lost. But to each is own.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

I will start build thread. Right now I’m trying to get it to roll.
    Build thread started.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  12. sorry for the fence's guys.....those two mopars have been at this storage lot for years - of note - a business coupe like this one is what my dad brought his bride back to Texas from California about 1948....the chop top Chevy actually has a windshield in it and doesn't look all to bad ?

Attached Files:

13. No....it is a Graham, not a Chrysler.

14. Over worked 53 F100
    [​IMG]

15. More like under washed/cleaned from new.
    Look at all that rust...…..

56don, chryslerfan55 and Bleach like this.
  16. rusty valley

rusty valley

that thing must have been near the ocean. even minnesota doesnt rot them that bad

Rick & Jan and Bleach like this.
  17. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I am unable to find your new build thread, please post a link when you get the chance.

kbgreen and scotts52 like this.
  18. My Shoebox is from Minnesota & other than inner & outer rockers & the bottoms of the a-pillars/inner kick panels, its in real good shape.

Bleach likes this.
  19. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

Not sure how to post a link. It’s in the misc antiquated section. Here is a screenshot. [​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  20. scotts52

scotts52

21. Kustomkid

Kustomkid
    from Montana

22. rusty valley

rusty valley

just for fun, the reason i said near the ocean on the rotten f100 is, once i was on padre island in south texas and saw an old trans am sitting in someones back yard. at first glance, you would think "what a strange paint job". it had an X on the hood, and an X on the trunk, and then stripes across the roof. how ugly is that? truth is, the salt air stays in the channels that make up the inner structures of the body, and that paint job i saw was actually rusted right thru at those channels. you guys on the coast already know this, but new news to a hillbilly from the midwest

chryslerfan55 and biggeorge like this.
  23. Hi Vernon, I see you are new here so welcome. Are you suggesting the 3 window I posted from out in Nevada is one of these? Looks like the right number of door hinges but not enough beltline swages?

upload_2019-1-10_8-40-43.png Fisher Body 3 window 1.jpg

24. Maybe something more like this 1928 Chevy?

upload_2019-1-10_8-52-14.png

25. Vernon2

Vernon2

That is a 1928 Standard 6 model Dodge Brothers you showing . There were different models,Sdt 6 Victory 6 and the Senior 6 witch was a fisher body came is coupe,4 dr sedan and a conv. coupe and was the high dollar model for Dodge Brothers

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  26. This 60 Pontiac was setting and rotting in Missouri. It now at my place soon to be cannibalized. I only wanted the engine. Ive been lusting after a 59 or 60 389 engine for quite some time. Ive got a GMC- 60 pontiac 003.JPG Pontiac stick bell ,flywheel & clutch that will fit one. And I want to put it in a chevy truck backed by a SM 420 four speed and 342 rear gears. I also have a tri power for it.

27. Vernon2

Vernon2

the tan car is a standard 6 dodge brothers model there were more models in 1928 Victory 6 senior 6 The senior 6 was the high dollar model for 1928

31Dodger likes this.
  28. Hi @Vernon2 , I appreciate you clearing up the model differences on that old coupe. Any chance you have a decent picture of a '28 Senior? The best I can find seems to have a much different belt line transition at the base of the windshield? I presume the coupe and sedan had similar stampings in this area, but that may be incorrect?

upload_2019-1-11_6-28-24.png

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  29. mgtstumpy, kbgreen, RICH B and 9 others like this.