Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Nice find. Wish I could find those around here.

2. ....

Attached Files:

3. toml24

toml24

Do have an idea what year and model car that is next to the fence in Post #8204?

4. fat141

fat141

28 model A
    Rod

5. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The one in the 3rd pic, next to the fence posts; looks like an early Dodge screen side to me?

6. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Attached Files:

7. fat141

fat141

You would probably be right too, I would guess 22-24.
    Had to look real hard to see the fence. :)
    Reckon that the Model A is alongside a shed then ?
    Cheers

8. PonyXpress

PonyXpress

The one on the right is an International. With A LOT of work the Chevy might be save-able, but you'd need to cut down the forest to get it out of there.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  9. PonyXpress

PonyXpress

More pictures of the Chevy & the International
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Yes....3rd photo is of a Dodge Brothers screenside.

11. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

This 34 Ford was saved after surviving a grass fire. MrEngels on the HAMB

[​IMG]

12. toml24

toml24

I guess I should have said what year and model car is next to the wood Building(?), not the (wood) fence. Sorry.

13. Fargo52

Fargo52
    from Manitoba

Anyone interested in this find I believe it is a Morris Crowley 1951 ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397366796.046509.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. fat141

fat141

I knew what you meant tom :D
    cheers
    Rod

15. newport

newport

At the start of the Birdsville Track.

[​IMG]

16. CayoRV

CayoRV

Dang! I need a drivers door for an International just like that one! Been looking for months and nothing so far. Any chance that one could be had?

17. mechanic58

mechanic58

Just last week I discovered this '64 El Camino sitting in a barn here in Bremond. Been sitting in this spot since '90. The car is rust-free and an original Texas car. All original except for the Targetmaster 350 that's in it. I am going to try and secure it before that barn collapses on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ^Better hurry....that garage does not look to be long for this world.

19. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Anybody in the market for some clapped out Edsels? These could probably be had for just a little over scrap prices since the yard is crushing everything out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one looks like it has vacuum power windows.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

21. J_J_

J_J_

Man I could use a couple pieces off that cab...

22. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Power windows maybe, but they would have been electric, not vacuum operated. The little sliding buttons are the door locks, and they're not power assisted.
    If you want to salvage anything, grab the Teletouch transmission motor unit and all the relays on the firewall for rebuildable cores. The smaller series '58s and all the '59s have the regular Ford 9-inch rear ends as well.
    Edsel aficionado/genius Phil Skinner keeps a very comprehensive registry of serial number and dataplate info; the plates are in the driver's door jamb if you get the chance to look and copy them down.

Where are these cars? Thanks for spotting them!

23. The truck cab is '37 Ford, a one year body style. Doors and back of cab interchange with '35-'36, but '37 has split V windshield while '35-'36 has flat windshield.

24. Those old pickup boxes are keepers too. I've seen some folks convert them into shelves, benches or display racks for other stuff.

25. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I assumed the slider looking things were power window switches since I didn't see any window crank handles. I didn't look real hard but could see a big window motor sticking out of a door where the door panel was missing and they looked like vacuum to me, but I'm no expert. I do recall someone on here asking about the data plate info, and I have pics of the ones I could get the doors open far enough on. Some were missing however.

This yard used to be really big, and I've spent hours wandering through it, but all good things must come to an end I guess as its almost all crushed out compared to what it was the last time I was there. Its the old Van's auto salvage just south of Lathrop on hwy 69. The old man who owned it died a while back and the wife wanted it cleared out, so the sons have been crushing cars since. The guy I spoke to said it should be done in less than two years. So I'm putting this out there since I hate seeing old iron crushed, go get this stuff while you still can! Saturdays is the best time to find somebody around. If anyone needs better directions PM me and I can tell you exactly how to get there.

26. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Somewhere in MO near Cape G .....

Attached Files:

27. white64

white64
    from Maine

"62 (really a 1961) Lincoln Conv " in Lamoine Maine, found "online", Lamoine is a long way from me too!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  28. froghawk

froghawk

Actually, that's a '61, with that heavy bar through the grill. Probably even more uncommon than a '62. Shame to see it like that.

29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Looks like a lot more interesting stuff in the background.
    Any more pics?

Looks like the guy would consider having a Auction instead. Crushing would be less hassle but it could pay off a lot more having a auction and with a reserve set, or a scrap price by bidder, there wouldnt be anything lost and the small items he probably has would be gauranteed to bring more than scrap price,not to mention he would be saving a lot of old tin.

30. porsche930dude

porsche930dude