Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Always liked that body style, among the best looking Mopars of all time.

2. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Retorts go over better when basic sentence structure is adhered to. Your recent posts mentioned have not been in this thread so they're moot for argument's sake.

Look at it this way: Treat certain threads like you would a younger sister. Protect, love, nurture, allow to grow - and don't dare do a single thing to muck up. Sitting & Rotting is one such thread. Too many HAMBers (myself included) look forward to seeing new material here. Leave politics, attitudes, OT cars, and anything else that doesn't belong out.

If you still don't get it and need a hand to hold, here are shots taken within last year. Apologies in advance if a couple repeat from this or other threads.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

4. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I found them last year in a thread predominantly about Irish and British Hearses with some Aussie stuff thrown in. That 59 Chev is bad ass and one of the better looking conversions I've seen. (at least from that angle)

I did a google search on "hearse CAI 911", And found the thread I got the photos from and a mention that it was in fact banger raced... sad, it's uglier than sin with that roof, especially at the back, but still sucks to trash it IMHO.

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Wow Southurn did you take those photos of the Cadillacs ? Crazy man just crazy ..

7. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Yes sir. I dig 'em.

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I just became friends with a guy who lives up the street he took me on a tour of his stuff..parts cars and "show cars" .Wow when I am cool enough with him I'll ask to take pics.I didnt want to bust out my phone and start taking pics.When the snow melts I'll ask.You guys will freak when you see whats sitting 2 country blocks from my house.I did .

9. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

Alright well I haven't got the warning yet for posting pictures of muscle cars but I will start trying to keep my posts alittle more Friendly so I don't get in trouble

These are from a very large yard that was in Eastern Nebraska, For years I drove past these cars, but the owner was very hard to deal with and I even heard stories of him drawing a gun on people who stopped, after the owner died the family was fighting over what to do with the property, one brother actually brought in a crusher and started to crush cars before it was legally stopped and they had a large auction and sold off what was left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

more.....

63 Galaxie - 390 with Factory Cast Headers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

64 Galaxie, 390 4-speed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  11. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

12. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

13. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

14. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

15. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

16. janbuick

janbuick

wow indeed

what a great yard

17. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

That bus is crazy...i would so want to convert that in to a home.

18. I was riding my 41 Schwinn Cycle Truck down a bike path near Santa Rosa yesterday and saw this truck

[​IMG]

I went and knocked on the door of the house. I met the owner, who said that the truck had belonged to his father and that he might fix it up someday. I told him that I have one just like it at home which is in good running condition. I left him my phone number in case he ever needs help finding parts or if he wants to sell it.

19. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

Rumor had it that there was only know to be 5 or so of them buses known to exist. Suppose to be part of one in the Smithsonian, there was 3 in this yard.

Thanks everyone for the comments I will try and post some more from this yard later, i have over 400 pictures from this yard alone, there was everything you could think of in there, lots of Military Trucks, hearses, fire trucks, buses etc...The owner had been going to government and city surplus auctions for years. I had my hands on a few of the cars and had made a deal with the brother who was trying to save the cars and sell them, sadly when the crushers showed up he ran over to try and keep them from crushing some of the cars and of course thats the first ones they went after. Included was a 68 Ford Wagon with a Big Block, original aluminum valve covers and factory bucket seats still on it. A couple other late 60s fords with 428-429s and A very nice 74 Satellite Sebring, 318 Bucket Seat Console car with only 32k original miles. All of them were crushed sadly.

20. WOW, I'd LOVE to have this bed!!!

[​IMG]

21. BRQ4suzyqkustoms

BRQ4suzyqkustoms

Officer Bimbeau, are any of these for sale. . . . I will hook the trailer up and be on a roadtrip.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  22. cosmic12

cosmic12

[​IMG]

I so want that 60!

23. the 65 galaxie you labeled with cast headers is a 63

24. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I noticed a recent post showing concrete blocks holding up an old ride. Be careful with those, I have had them disintegrate in the past. The old timers (old then, now that's me:D) told me to always put wood between the car and the concrete block, so the metal wouldn't cut into the block. I don't know how true that is, because I never used them after I came home and my car was sitting on the ground. Not criticizing anyone here gents, just sharing my experience. Be safe :) and keep posting please!

25. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thanks alot for taking And posting all those photos. Wow crazy . I'm looking forward to more pictures from you.

26. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

looking at all of the neglected treasure is hurting my chest...

27. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

28. 24riverview

24riverview

Auction was in 2006 so I'm betting they're all long gone. A few more pictures though, went and looked a day or two before the auction.

Attached Files:

29. 24riverview

24riverview

More...

Attached Files:

30. Officer_Bimbeau

Officer_Bimbeau

All of them last pictures I posted have been sold or crushed....been a year or so since I been past the property, but last I seen they were cleaning things out to build a housing area

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013