Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Badges, you got some badges!

2. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Send me a pic in a private message and I'll check .I'm not sure but you never know.

3. I don't think you can attach a photo to a PM. Looks like this, though....

Attached Files:

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Wow nice...I sure don't I would remember that,But I will keep an eye out.

5. Here is a better view of one...

Attached Files:

6. utahdodge

utahdodge

ImageUploadedByTJJ1362941780.088381.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1362941801.808011.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1362941814.045339.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1362941846.414904.jpg
    These Studes turned up on the local classifieds site this week.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Attached Files:

7. tinsled

tinsled

Looks like the Reaper is about to get the poor ol' Stude here...

[​IMG]

An extraordinary cool model this Starlight Coupe, would be worth saving, but will be a major job.

8. noboD

noboD

1927 Dodge Brothers fast four.

9. tinsled

tinsled

Dear Mr. "Black",
    This may be a difficult issue to explain to you, but there are some people (well, minority) who for some reason like old cars. They seem to think the old were somehow special, different from the ones we currently use. These people even have their sub-culture with magazines, meetings and even web-sites dedicated to this un-rational hobby.
    As we currently know, Japanese cars are the best there is for our rational use. They are good mileage, optimal quality built, rational in design and their looks appeal to average audience. Among this hobby we discussed, however, there are people who appear to prefer cars that the great majority would not vote for best seller. Well, most of these nuts drool for 3-five chevys, corvettes, mustangs and 1959 Cadillac, but there are some radicals who do like the oddest things, obviously for totally un-rational reasons. Beware, if you should plunger into the web-sites of this sub-culture, you may even come across to hermit-like creatures, who admit to like AMC Ramblers...

10. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

the man says he has limited time space and money---they are rambler 4 doors hence the why---i have owned as many as 55 cars at one time so don't tell me about saving or collecting---the supply of ramblers far exceeds the demand---why not find more desireable cars to use your limited resources on ?

11. 210eddiep

210eddiep

12. shadams

shadams

Blasphemy. You wouldnt catch me dead in a Japanese car. Give me a GMC or Chevy any day...hell, all the new Buicks are better than any japanese turd...

Anyway, here are a few old jeeps sitting at our place....I know I know, but I wanted to contribute SOMEthing...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Barnyard

Barnyard

That's the '54 to '58 style, the '52, '53 are different! Burt.

14. Those cab-over keeps are fricken cool!!!

15. Looks like a great start!

16. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I don't recall saying I have limited time or space.I own 5 acres .I do work 6 days a week so I do lack the time right now but I'm only 37 .They can sit at my house until some kid that's 2 years old today turns 16 then he can try his luck with them.:D

17. Dyce

Dyce

Hope you shot the guy a good offer!!

18. 40fordconvt

40fordconvt

Here is a 40 Ford Convert. It was saved and setting in my shop awaiting its new 303 olds engine 4 speed top loader and a columbia 2 speed rear my 40 conv 4.JPG

my 40 conv 2.JPG

my 40 conv 1.JPG

my 40 conv 5.JPG and conv frame.

19. Better than being lost forever to the Crusher and melted down into Hyundai's. :eek::eek:

20. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.439521593300.232137.510088300&type=3

I found this salvage yard up in Minnesota. He was willing to sale everything and he had decent prices. If the link doesnt work, let me know and i will add a few of the pics. i took over 75 photos before my camera died. i want to say he prolly had 100 acres.

once i get back from Afghanistan in June i can post a business card.

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Hot rod bones the link didn't work for me. post some photos here when you get a chance .

22. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

23. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Damn I'd love to walk around that yard.

24. This is a post war czech produced version of the WWII german Sdkfz. 251 halftrack.
    It is called OT-810 and was made by Praga and Tatra. It has an air cooled diesel engine and an armored roof over the troop compartment, which both the original had not.
    2,400 OT-810s were built and used by the Czech armed forces well into the 1980s. It is said that several hundred survive today.
    It is neither very interesting nor very valuable. Often used by Nazi reenactors today.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

25. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

the gentlemen was real nice and had everything lined out in rows. during that trip i was interested in the Cadilac row and got a pair of 59 caddy fins.

as soon as i can get home and get the card, i will post the information. he said everything is for sale.

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Cadillac row ? Damn sounds cool lets see photos of that if you have any.

27. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Where about in Minnesota is this place?

28. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

my camera died before i got to that row. didnt realize that my camera was set to take 2 photos at the same time, killed the battery fast.