Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Yeah, let's see 'em! Had Hugh Hefner stopped posting pics from work those who wanted to would find that 'forbidden fruit' elsewhere! :D:D:D I'm enjoying your pics but it doesn't mean I'd want to bring any of those models home to the family... BTW, have ya got any centerfolds? :rolleyes: Thanks for posting, keep 'em comin'!

2. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Definitely keep posting the pix, Eddie.

3. noboD

noboD

If ANYONE was sincere in telling you to stop they need to find another thread.

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thanks again guys.

[​IMG]

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have thought about this but not to sure how well it would go over.Didn't want anyone complaining to Ryan.
    When I have "free" time I try to drive around town to get pics of cars that I know of that have been sitting to share with you guys.Snow will be covering everything soon so it may be game over for me posting pics anyways ...Thanks again.If anything "Awesome" comes in I will try my best to stash it out of the way .And pull anything useable .:D

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

7. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

I was joking, I guess no one picked up on that :D

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Lol I did:eek::D

9. MRTS33

MRTS33

Watchout where the huskeys go and don't you eat that... :D

10. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> ... no; relax; it was somebody before you stating that ‘Ester Eddie’ should not post photos of Cars that are going to be crushed.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

11. J_J_

J_J_

Really liking this thread but it's kinda like going to a nice titty bar and just getting to look at everything you'll never touch. Frustrating as hell but still fun to look at! :D

12. I sure did too! Hindsight's great, eh? Sense of humor is hard to see when you can't see it. . . Thanks for spicing up the thread, not that it needed any. . .:)

13. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

AAAGGGHHH!!! Grills???? Jim

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm on my way to pick this baby up. Its been "sitting" in a friends yard for a while .I'm taking my Scout and hope I can fit it in the back.My Ford truck has a Slant six and transmission still in the back needing to be unloaded too.

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. Can't help but thinking some of you are talking about me here as the
    guy that told him to stop posting, or the guy that was bitching about the pics.
    If you read my original post, #4755, NOWHERE did I tell ester eddie
    to NOT post pictures.

I expressed my opinion about them.

I also don't think ester eddie should have deleted any pictures for my or anyone else's benefit.
    I don't tell people what to do and I certainly don't allow others to tell me what to do.

I do think it is sad that although the main hulk of a car will get crushed, there is no way parts, such as fenders, doors, hoods and other trim, like on the '57 Chevy can't be saved.
    I also realize his location is a big factor in the logistics of saving and reselling those parts as well.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  16. Randy in Oklahoma

Randy in Oklahoma
    from Oklahoma

Sentence does not make any sense.

17. rc57

rc57

Tried getting this one for about 20 years, and one day it was gone.

Attached Files:

18. **Neons**

**Neons**

Someone told me there was a Junkyard thread so I am posting it here. I visited an old junkyard in upstate Maine in September2012. It has maybe 250 cars left. I will not disclose where for the owners privacy. It was a cleared treeless yard until the mid 60's before it closed. Mostly all make GM cars and mostly Chevies.

Just a museum capsule of the past. Look at the size of the pine trees now. In one picture it is growing throgh the front bumper on the car. I love that mid 30's Chevy roadster. Most cars are in late 30's and to the late 40's.
    **Neons** Bob

Attached Files:

19. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Some new ones popped up on CL up here.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

21. That bus and military truck = Almost looks like a scene from M*A*S*H

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I use to watch that with my dad when I was a kid. Born in 75.

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know exactly where this is. If the guy likes you you'll get in. We have visited this spot many times. There was a steel willys coupe that he cut up just to get it out of the way:eek::eek: Still alot of fun to walk through. The gentlemans dad started the yard.

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Rotting on CL in Anchorage

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

thanks for the pics!!! last i heard it was getting scraped out, good to see it's still there. also it's a 1932 Pontiac cabriolet. he has a doodle bug with a good engine and trans but the price is to high.

26. **Neons**

**Neons**

The old guy was into Chevies. i got a personal grand tour of his prize cars. Nice cars too. That 32 Pontiac is far gone. but it was interesting anyway. I guess quite rare now. Had a sidemount also. I believe the younger ones have started catologing for some future adventure to recirculate many stored NOS parts someday.
    **Neons** Bob

27. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I got some pics of that place from about 5 years ago. I will have to beg the wife to post them for me.lol

28. Paul Nichols

Paul Nichols

55 Nomad ,I ask about it 5 years ago...finally after Sitting And Rotting another 5 years dude finally got back with me..:D
    floors and rocker are gone:confused: paid 2500 and got 4door parts car,,and nomad title

SAM_0148.jpg 0922121234.jpg

SAM_0152.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  29. c57heaven

c57heaven

Paul....photo is unavailable

30. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB