Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Not sure anyone else noticed this but the orange & green moss colored GMC delivery (on pg. 183) has some fender side spears that are like hens teeth to find. They are worth more than the truck itself. The rears are even harder to find - although it's only showing 1 maybe the other side is complete.

Grab those .....

PACO

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

My buddy bought both those panels and I've told him to save all the trim off the deluxe model.

3. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

top left 5th pic, I see a 34 ford cowl upside down in the color blueish. the feet on it are mint! and it looks like a door might still be there with it too.:D jared any of this stuff for sale??

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  4. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Is this an Essex?

[​IMG]

Does it have a trunk lid?
    My 3 window Essex is missing it's lid and the panel below the rear window.

5. metalix_421

metalix_421

found about 75 cars while serching for a hood for my olds. mo luck on the hood but did spend a little bit of money :rolleyes:

1.jpg

2.jpg

6. Bart78

Bart78

7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I don't think it's an Essex...too much wood in the body.

8. scotts52

scotts52

Wow, knowing me I'd be bringing all that stuff home to see what I could salvage or sell. I could really use a 32 Ford truck drivers side door. There's almost got to be one down there in all that.

9. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

My dad told me a story about a neighbor kid (teenage friend of his) who was big on tri five chevys in the 60's, he lived on a dead end road that backed up to some railroad property, He boosted a 57 chevy convertible one night, And took what he wanted and needed and then dumped the car in a big fill ditch that backed up to the railroad property, the car is still there, or at least it was last time I was down there. (about 15 years ago) My little brother and I were mushroom hunting on the railroad property, And I went down there and took a good look at it, It is laying upside down and is all but part of mother earth again. I went up and knocked on the door and ask If I could buy it from him, As there is alot of saveable parts on it, Frame looks nice from what I could tell. Anyhow he come to the door and when I ask him about it, He said If I ever come on his property again I would be shot!!.....I think the old fucker meant it!.....LOL....I would love to post a pic of it for everyone to see BUt I am not brave enough to go back down there.

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I've seen several 27 and older with wood... no idea why... who built their bodies?

11. Frank_Ice

Frank_Ice

12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I would appreciate someone finding a '64 fairlane with factory bucket seats so I can purchase them!!!

PACO

13. choptop4

choptop4

Digging these out when it drys out.

Attached Files:

14. Hard to come by, i searched for awhile to find a set worth buying.

15. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

So, is this somewhere in the KC area??? Inquiring minds want to know!

16. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Then inquiring minds should do so privately. If a poster wants information public, generally it is initially. I personally find it disrespectful when others ask me publicly - like gee, never thought of that. :rolleyes:

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you want to keep the location secret then dont post any pics.

18. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

^ Thats not really it. I myself sure as hell dont want a bunch of random people snooping around my stuff, and I dont think its the least bit out of line that whoever does post the pics can appreciate that as well.

This is the internet, there can be anybody viewing this thread, even people wanting to steal parts when the owners aren't around. Not wanting to post a vehicles exact location publicly is the smart thing to do.

At least by PM'ing people; if something does happen it can be traced back. By publicly posting the details who knows what can happen.

I think if you had a few cars & trucks laying around whereas people posted pics & locations on a public forum you'd feel pretty uncomfortable with that.

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Yeah, because everyone loves getting 27 private messages all asking the same thing... asking publicly is fine IMHO, it doesn't force the person being asked to post anything at all, and they can just say right then and there if they are or are not willing to share the info.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  20. dartracer

dartracer

21. Post #3738 with the late '60s Olds hearse--Wingfield Funeral Home in Cedartown GA is still using one identical to that.

22. 46stude

46stude

Are people here on the HAMB really asking openly where a stolen car is located??

23. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Damn did I piss in your cheerios? Lighten up man, I just happened to realize we live in the same city and was just curious. I don't think that's being disrespectfull. . And I didn't ask exactly where is this? The KC area is a very large area!!

24. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Your post is # 3738! :p Think you meant 3728.

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I think the statute of limitations has long run out.

26. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

Yeah for prosecution, I'm sure it has, but the owner of the car should be entitled to get it back.

The reason I asked the question in the first place is it sounded like a story a guy I worked with in the late 80's told me about. It was supposed to have been stolen in the 60's and had been sitting in the woods ever since. He had found it as a kid, and was going to take me to see it in the summer, but I changed jobs and forgot about it. Sounds the same, but who knows.

27. Up the street from me....

Attached Files:

28. edweird

edweird

that 60 chevy 4 dr hard top would sure make a good lookin extended cab el camino.photoshop anyone ?

29. henry29

henry29

There's a thread somewhere on here of a 60 4dr hardtop converted to an
    el camino.

30. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Keep in mind that for some reason most people when they find a car in the bust either assume it crashed there or was stolen and dumped there, almost always it was just dumped there by people not knowing any better, and no matter how bad it is it will still get stripped.

[​IMG]