Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sir Duce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bdamfino, May 16, 2022.

1. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Everyone read Pat Ganahl's latest Rod n Custom blog on barn find, "Sir Duce"?? Anybody remember this car, either in street or drag trim?

2. Cgrgrspt10

Cgrgrspt10
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dlw1932 and Bdamfino like this.
  4. I too am a subscriber to "Pat Ganahl's ROD & CUSTOM" Blog (or as @pgan calls it, his "column") ... and every week, I anxiously await his latest installment.

Although not all of Pat's columns are "HAMB-friendly," I suggest that all HAMBers also "subscribe" to it as it's always a great read ... and it's FREE :D

As you can probably guess, Pat's post for today is very "HAMB-worthy" ... and as @Bdamfino noted, the current owner of "Sir Duce" is searching for some of the 5wd coupe's history ... check it out:
    pgrclogo1-5x2.png

Sir Duce -  Barn Find (1).jpg
    Sir Duce -  Barn Find (2).jpg

BEST BARN FIND
    May 16, 2022

I’m not saying this is the best old car ever found in a barn. It is a Deuce hot rod. And it was buried in an actual barn. But it’s the story of how it was found that’s the best I’ve heard. Now I have to see if I can unravel it.

:
    :
    :
    Of course Chuck still has no clues as to this car’s history. The main one is the CSRA decal from the Sacramento, CA, area and of course the Sir Duce logos. I’ve never seen anything exactly like this on a hot rod before. So Chuck and I are both hoping that somebody out there might recognize it, and provide any sort of information–maybe even old photos?–about the car’s past. If so, I’ll certainly show it here, along with eagerly awaited pictures of this car completed and back on the road once again. This summer, Chuck? We all hope so. Till then.

lurker mick and catdad49 like this.

5. catdad49 likes this.