Register now to get rid of these ads!

Siphoning Gas......Any Good Stories?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpol7966, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpol7966

rpol7966

How many of you can tell a story about siphoning gas? It can sure leave you with a taste that you will always remember! Made gas really cheap too!
    I've done it many times, lots of times in the oilfields around here. One of the best inventions is clear vinyl tubing. Gives you a warning of what's coming down the pipe!
    I carry a piece of tubing as part of my emergency kit. They make the "squeeze bulb" type siphons but those aren't traditional!

2. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

The best one I ever heard was on the national news years ago, where a guy got into the wrong tank on a motor home and siphoned outa the shit tank. The owner got up in the morning and found a hose, the tank open, and puke all over the ground.

3. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

unless you're talking about from one of your cars to another...fuck you.

had our shop hit a couple times, fuckers got a 2' piece of hose stuck in the anti-siphon on my mom's car that was here for some repairs and broke the gas door latch. i still have it and if i ever find them, i'll beat them into the hospital with it. stealing AT ALL is NOT fucking cool and if you're glorifying it, i wouldn't mind beating you with your emergency hose.

retard

4. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

Since he say's it make gas really cheap then I would say he is stealing it and talking about how cool he is for doing it.
    I don't think anybody on here is going to praise you for stealing asswipe. Scumbags like you are why locking gas caps exist and the fact that most gas stations make you pay before you pump, oh yeah and the fact that gas stations had to raise there prices to make up for the people doing drive offs.

5. These guys that i know (really good examples of why cousins shouldnt marry) where stealing gas from a combine at night when one of them used his lighter to see if the can was getting full. However they where in a barn and so was their old chevy.So the law knew just who to look for.:eek::D OldWolf

6. uc4me

uc4me

the moron who my former sister-in-law married (after my bro passed away) gave himself 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 50% of his body (and burned is new truck to the ground) using a lighter to see if the gas was going into the can while siphoning gas for the snowblower...
    ...wasn't very surprising coming from the same guy who lost the tip of a finger feeling the inside of a trailer hitch to see why it wouldn't slide onto the ball while having someone else bounce in the back of the pickup

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the motorhome shit tank story is pure bullshit.

there is no way to siphon shit from a motorhome unless you go from the toilet.

8. Siphoned gas from a relative's rental car that was visiting one summer to put into my Honda Trail 70. Never siphoned before.

Sucked on the tube to get the gas flowing and swallowed about half a mouthful of gas in the process. Did not get sick.

But I burped gas fumes for about a week afterwards.

9. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

it might be a false statement, but it still made me laugh pretty hard...

10. premium

premium
    from Goergia

ive done it from my own stuff for the lawn mower dirt bike wht not...2nd time i got a mouth full swalowed it before knew it. FUCK there is nothing you can do to get that fuckn taste an fumes out of you, other thn be missserable for about 8 hrs....UHHH!!

11. ray

ray
    from colorado

i carry a can of gas in my emergency kit.

and a tire iron to take care of thieves i may catch.

in an emergency, i'd give a stranger my gas if he asked. why would you risk meeting the tire iron, or worse?

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

All this talk of retarded thieves and the scum of the Earth reminds me of a "friend's" uncle who used to percolate his bong with gas instead of water. It was hard to understand him, but he made a point to emphasize that you had to start sucking before you lit it.
    I doubt he's still alive and the world is probably a better place for it.

13. long island vic

long island vic

one time i got a mouthful of gas,, the next day while drinking coffie burped and there was an oil slick in the cup.....when i had the junkyard i never paid for gas, one year the whole family paid 15.00 for the year ,, id leave the 2 fifteen gallon jugs on the stoop and my mon and dad would siphin from there (((( we used the marble type)))) another time while draining the injection on a b rig ( f d racing truck ) i grabbed the wrong bud can and swallowed a big shot of cam 2...blew flames out my ass for a week

14. mac762

mac762

I've never stolen gas guys so these techniques are just from my own vehicles for the lawnmower ect. I've had good luck putting the hose in the tank, covering the hole around the hose with a shop rag, and blowing air into the tank to make pressure.
    I've also done it the way you put the hose in the tank, pull up with your thumb over the hole, push back down with your thumb off the hole, repeat as needed. I do this sometimes when emptying a stock tank or swimming pool.
    Pretty funny when someone gets a mouthfull of gas then you show them the better way. You know like a shitty neighbor or stupid brother in law. :)

15. Of course I cannot speak from experience or anything, but I've "heard" that shaved ice and Creme de Menth is best for percolation from any aforementioned smoking apparatus.

16. oldbuzzard50

oldbuzzard50

I was on the way out to Montana, (insert dental floss jokes here) many moon ago, and my POS 1973? Honda Civic died going down an onramp back onto I-80 near Gary, Indiana.
    I had spark, (OUCH) and compression so the only thing lacking was fuel. Took the tubing from the winshield washer system and proceeded to find out what gas tasted like. Siphoned some gas into an old beer can (sometimes litter is GOOD:)), poured it into the carb and car fired right up and I was on my way. Took about 10 hours to get that taste out of my mouth.

I figured out later the car would not start due to vapor block.

17. Talk about a timely post. I have to remove the remaining contents of my tank this week to clear up a water in gas issue I got.

18. rpol7966

rpol7966

I never intended to give the impression that stealing gas by any method was cool. I DON'T advocate it in any way shape or form.
    Siphoning gas is as old school as it gets. How many times have some of us had to do it (with approval) just to get going again. My intention with this thread was to let people tell a story or two about their experiences or tastes from having to suck on a hose! May be a funny story or two.
    Oh, and for those who think my emergency hose or tubing is for me to steal gas....suck on it! There have been times when I would be elated if someone would stop, just I have done, to help along the road.

19. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

well maybe you oughta be more careful about how you word things then because it sure gave more than one of us that impression...but you did just make an ok pun;)

oh yeah, get some thicker skin :p

20. My wrecking yard was getting hit for gas every day last summer. Especially the cars that got left outside the gate overnight. Those were cars that came in after closing.
    I figured we would fix these pricks. So we all pissed in five gallon buckets for a week or so. Found an empty new arrival, and filled the tank with piss. and a little gas for flavor.
    Left it outside the gate, overnight.
    Of course it got drained. I just pray they were using a hose and their mouth to drain it.
    The fuel theft started to slow down after that.

21. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

if ya need to move gas from a container to a tank,just insert the hose in the can and higher than the other and pressurize the can with an air hose...work good to get the siphon action going

22. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Nice idea but your attempt at humor kicked what could be a funny thread in the teeth. Maybe we can turn it around and hope no one will kick it in the ass.
    I'm sure most of us have moved fuel from one source to another using this method.
    There certainly could be many amusing stories about that process.
    But stealing is just plain bad.
    People steal for many reasons.
    Some, out of desperation to feed a family(truly sad) or to feed a habit or because of peer pressure. These folks need help.
    Some, out of stupidity and lack of respect for their fellow man. These folks need smack in the head, at best. At least they should have something stolen that they valued or worked really hard for, to see how it feels.
    A couple of dumb jerks a few hundred miles from where I live finally burnt one of their victims SUVs to the ground.
    The geniuses had been putting a container under the tanks of high vehicles and, using a cordless drill, bored a hole in the tank to drain it into the container.
    One night.. POOF!
    A little thinning of the heard can be a good thing sometimes.

desertratrodder... way funny. I applaud your creativity. ;)

23. damnfingers

damnfingers

Don't think you can get a hose down to the gas tank on newer cars to siphon gas. After Hurricane Katrina I was able to siphon the gas from my 49 MG and '99 Toyota pickup but couldn't get the hose to the gas in the '03 Honda (neighbors had similar problems). Good thing though since at least I had a vehicle I could drive to get gas when it was finally available.

24. Abomination

Abomination

I use a length of 18 ga wire, an0ther few lengths of fuel line, and a generic $30 electric fuel pump.

Works like a champ.

~Jason

25. I've used this method many times. Never stolen a drop but, when you're taking the tank off a parts car for it's last ride, (to the crusher) it makes it easier to deal with if the tank is empty before it falls on your chest. It doesn’t take a lot of pressure inside the tank, just a hose that's long enough to go to the bottom of the full tank and enough difference in elevation to the catch tank, (the lower the catch tank the better.) Don't forget to remove the rag after it starts to flow. If there is enough in the tank to syphon it never fails.

Funny thing is I learned this from the local hellion who never paid for a drop of gas in his life. I watched him do this to a neighbors car and just as he was finishing up I stepped out from the side of the house and showed him my shinny new Remington. He seemed to like it. In fact, he got so interested in it he forgot all about the gas can he had just worked so hard to fill. I never had a drop stolen from me and my neighbor, (an elderly lady in her late 70's) stopped getting hers stolen too. I'd never shoot anybody over a few dollars worth of gas but sometimes having the local asswipes think you're a mad dog killer comes in handy.

26. junkyardroad

junkyardroad
    from Colorado

Never had a problem siphoning gas, but what I did do was pour about 7 gallons of 30 year old gas out on my driveway and set it on FIRE! Really bitchin inferno that smelled like an old car gas tank.

27. Some fucker busted the gas door off my daily driver Jeep, siphoned the gas out, slashed the rear tire under the gas door and went through my girlfriend's backpack on the rear seat. Luckily it was just the Jeep, if whoever it is fucks with my car he'll have a serious problem.

-Dean

28. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

thats only if you catch him... If i ever catch anyone breaking into my house he is gonna be fucked .. Ya right too late and they were smart they waited till i left for work.. Think for ya speak tuff guy :D:D
    Dave

29. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Exactly the correct response to bullshit threads like this!
    Siphons can kill,dont do it.
    I've seen a young aboriginal kid here dead from siphoning fuel and drowning in it.
    They used to sniff it ,but since the gov. forced the use of Opal fuel (which only gives headache not a high) it's eased off. Nothing worse than some idiot punching a hole in your tank to steal your fuel.

30. PalmdalePsycho

PalmdalePsycho

Ever watch the begining of cheech and chongs next movie where they siphon gas from a truck into a trashcan with trash in it, to put in the t bird that they stole from there neighbor.

Thought that was pretty funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.