Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins of Steel-the new Detroit area show June 5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustom66cat, Jan 3, 2010.

1. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

The home page is up and running but Stretch is still working on the rest.

2. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

he is geting the body fix's now

3. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

kustom66cat thank you for the up date :D
    the site look's good

4. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

I can't fuckin wait to see that set up in action ... I almost got one of them manifolds to have for my dragster build ... if that ever happens

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

This is gonna be fun. Had a great meeting tonight. Alot of great ideas came together for a really well organized, FUN carshow.

6. olskool34

olskool34

I'm in for sure! I was bummed that it was moved but now evn more since the boys aren't in charge of the new show. Even my girlfriend got excited when I showed her this post. Boomer! Where is my invite! Can't join on the website, anybody else having problems with it?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  7. website looks really good, did you guys design it yourself?

8. kookee

kookee

Awesome! With a Swap! Be there!

9. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

I'll ask the site builder what's up.

Attached Files:

10. Come see us at Autorama this weekend to get your Sins of Steel flyers and shirts. Support your local scene.

11. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

:DAnyone coming to Autorama at Cobo come see the Poor Boys and Sins of Steel display and pick up a promo shirt.:D

Attached Files:

12. I tried to sign up on the mailing list and got a form miscalculation error page.

The main page looks good though. ;)

JK

13. I'm getting the email signups, I just tooko out a "give us your name" field and forgot to tell the database about it, so it's looking for it still. I'll have it fixed soon. The site is going live on Friday. Thanks all you guys that signed up.

There's a twitter feed set (twitter.com/sinsofsteel) up and a facebook page too. I'm gonna do some merch giveaways via twitter on Saturday. Kind of a treasure hunt type of deal where I'll tweet a clue and you go find the prize.

See ya at autorama!!!

14. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

15. This is going to be an incredible show and not just because I'll be around slingin' hot rod tunes all day long @;-).... can't wait!

-Del Villarreal

16. Man it's hard to believe but it's only 5 weeks away!!! Same shitty cars, same shitty location, brought to you by the same guys that brought a traditional hot rod and kustom show to the Detroit area in the first place. See you there!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  17. dead last 63 f100

dead last 63 f100
    from detroit

nice!!!

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm there. Gonna try to afford to get the exhaust fixed on the shoebox so people inside don't get gassed out. Ya know you can't just replace a donut gasket....gotta do the whole exhaust......

19. I realize weather will have a lot to do with condition of the lots. It'd be good to ask participating cars/owners if they have a parking preference when they check in. It's all great, since the grounds has both grassy and dirt areas. Space issues? - a good problem I guess since it means lots of cars.

Any updates on fairground renovations? It was good last year and before, so any upgrades should only make it better.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  20. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

The dirt is where the cars will be parked. We will also be using the lower grass area as well as the grass lot south west of the dirt lot. We are going to seperate the swap meet area from the car show area this year in order to fit more cars. We may also use one of the barns for swap stuff as well. Last year was our biggest year ever and we hope to continue this events growth. Hunnert car is in the dirt as well and those car show participants have no problem parking there.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  21. Sounds good, looks like it's gonna be a great show. I plan to bring my car this year, first time so be gentle. . .:D
    ron

22. Mikey likes it DIRTY!!!!!!!!!

23. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Three weeks from tomorrow!

24. The is going to be a great show. Lots of hard work being done behind the scenes from the same local guys that brought a Traditional Hot Rod and Kustom Show to Detroit in the first place. Thanks to Detroit Poor Boy Stretch and Detroit Road Devil Kev for the killer art work for the show merch. For those of you heading out to Ypsi have a good time and I hope to see everyone that has supported this location and date in the past make it out to Davisburg the first Saturday in June. See you there

Attached Files:

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

sweet...can try to make both

26. Detroit Poor Boy Chad has been busy restoring the vintage pedal cars for the kiddies to run in the pedal car races. The show is shaping up nicely. BTW The burn out pad the Poor Boys poured all those years ago is looking for more victims. Who will step up this year????? See ya all in a 3 weeks

27. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Saw the pedal car pictures on facebook and they look good.

28. dart165

dart165

My car is already registered...but is it too late to get a vendor spot to sell some artwork? Anyone who knows, drop me a PM!

29. PM sent Thanks for your support of the LOCAL hot rod and kustom scene.

Love the artwork. It would be great to have you there!!!