Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sins Of Steel Saturday June 2nd 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Well with all the good press about Cobo and our great city I wanted to add to it and extend an invite to come back in 3 months!!!

Saturday June 2nd 2012 the 3rd edition Sins of Steel show at the same place we have loved for many, many years,, the old dirt lot in Davisburg, Mi.

I think the figure 8 cars are making a return this year! add the burnout contest, Miss Sins of Steel contest, swap meet, great bands, fantastic pinstripers ( support your local pinstriper ) the chaos of the minibike death races, and the Koolest Kustoms and Hot Rods ( pre 64 traditional, you know the rules, you dont fit, we dont acquit ) in these parts and you have yourself a whole lot of entertainment for not a lot of moola! Hell if it was on a Sunday, I would throw out a Sunday , Sunday , Sunday call !!

If you all had fun in the Basement this year, come hang outdoors with the Poor Boys, Road Devils, Nightmares, and the Peckerheads as we try to provide as much fun and excitment as humany possible for 1 short day in the month of June.

Full details can be found at www.sinsofsteel.com I am sure there is a Facebook page too for those of you that are into it.

Please come on out, support the Local Detroit Crew as we do what we do all for you!!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  2. I'll be there;might even have my Rupp TT500 ready.

3. Hey it will fit in the back of the wagon. If anyone needs some striping come out and see Ray ( aka Safarinut ) at the show. His line work and lettering is second to none!

4. Just maybe? ...we poor boys here near Nashvegas have heard many tales about poor boys of Detroit SOS show. I just might have to point the old roadster northward for a motor city get away in early June.

5. Don't be scared, we only kill the weak in Detroit :D. I hope to see as many TN Poorboys as possible up here in June.

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We are gonna try our best to be there too. So add the Tennessee Roadents to the list of Hellions. The kettles are brewing as we speak....:D.

7. Nice. I will tell everyone to let their livers take a rest the week before. We would love to see ya'll make it up.

8. I'm looking forward to sins. Awesome show with a great vibe. The Poor Boys do a hell of a job keeping out the billet boys and making sure everyone has a great time.

I'm not sure what I'm bringing, but I'll be there. Maybe I'll drive the Anglia down and represent the gasser guys?

Tell those Tennessee guys the cost of admission is one mason jar - full of coarse.

9. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The Flint Crew will be there in force!! Can't wait!

10. fordcpe

fordcpe

I will be back again this year.I like the feel of the place and lots of great people to talk the crap with. Darrell

11. twochops

twochops

Does your club menbers like chopped 57 Buicks??
    TwoChops

12. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

What a good problem to have Dave. Why not just get an old Anchor Trucking car hauler so you can bring them all.:D

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

The nightmares don't like 'em......mainly cuz we don't have any!! HAHA! That car is awesome. Please bring it out.

14. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Damn I got alot of work to do to drive in, in 3 months

15. LDNFAST,

Hell, your car stole the show @ Autorama as a roller. You drive that thing in to Sins and it just may cause the 2nd coming of Christ!!!

Awesome car man.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  16. Rich,

I'm currently seeking help and should be on the A.D.D meds soon. ;):D

I will likely be brooming everything (except the 5-window) to go nuts on a '34 sedan I just picked up. I figure it will make a nice pair.

The galaxie is for sale now and the Anglia probibly won't make it through the summer. Thinking of selling right after Sins.

17. chopd54

chopd54

I will be out again this year..

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that I'm a solo act with something driveable...

19. Gator

Gator

Ha ha - yeah don't worry Jason - after we left Cobo hall late Friday night Tim and I rode the 'people mugger' over to Greektown for a burger at Five Guys - there were armed gaurds there to fend off any attackers.

Had a blast at the Autorama last weekend, definitely gonna be up there for Sins this year.

20. Pint, half-pint or quart? There's a financial difference....:eek:
    We got kiwi, cherry, peach and apple pie...and of course 'burnt gizzard'(straight)....iff'n you had a preference...:cool:

21. A quart of apple pie and another of peach please.

I'll be collecting at the gate. :D;)

22. Looking forward to it!

23. I ask you, no beg you to bring that car. I promise to drool near it and not on it!

24. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I'll be there hopefully with something in tow... ;) Looking forward to hanging out with "the shiners" again

25. Hey you can haul the Galaxie to my place for the Summer. I will take nice care of her! Like I said at Cobo " I want to be just like you when I grow Up ". See ya in June

26. Jason the car looked Killer. Almost too cool to put paint on the Fab work on the frame. Hope to see you roll in under power !

27. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Thanks man, i was a lil bummed after i saw the awesome "under construction" award and i didnt bring it home. The goal is to get it running and shake it down in baremetal to sins and pull it off the road after that show and do all the body an paint work so its ready for next cobo.

I just made my to do list , i better get on it....

28. Simple.

Simple.
    from Troy, MI

Cant wait. I might have to get a swapmeet booth this year, or Ill just be there lurking around. Dont know many hot rodders around here, Maybe I will meet some of you.... Hopefully I dont get T-boned by a monte carlo on the way home like last year. That freaked me out. :/

Jon

29. millersgarage

millersgarage

I'll add this to my event schedule for this year :p

Better not bring the coupe...too shiny for this show, the sedan should make the trip

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Believe it when I see it:p

Apple Pie for me please..........thats the cost of a roof over your head, a warm bed and hot shower for the weekend.:D