Register now to get rid of these ads!

Since when are vendor rant threads closed? (i.e. Master Power Brakes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chad s, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Chad s

Chad s

This place has been a great place to research the integrity of a vendor, which is great. If a vendor takes care of its customers, and runs an honest business, you should not see their name mentioned here in a bad way.

So why was this thread closed?
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198517&page=2

It didnt seem to be getting out of hand, or unreasonable in any way, and I dont think everyones issues were even finished being addressed, which would possibly provide other people with advice on making their brake systems work. What happened?

2. Chad s

Chad s

Usualy when a thread is closed, a moderator will come along and make a closing statement, and close the thread. Well, the conversation on the thread seemed to be pretty peaceful, just discussing issues (issues which I share, having one of the mentioned Master Power pedal/master systems) and ways to solve them, and then bam, closed, no issue, or apparent reason. I hate to assume, but perhaps some bias towards MP Brakes exists within the powers that be?

I guess I'll PM Phat Rat to find out more about the Astro Van booster I need, and how it will work for me (and make the MPbrakes system that doesnt work properly or safely, out of the box, function properly), too bad it cant be publicly posted in that thread for others to take advantage of.

3. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

i would say if you cant form an opinion on a company or product with a few comments then why beat it into the ground,
    i would just close them also,
    there are more topics to take up bandwidth ,this will probally be closed also,and they have been closed long before this and others have also

how about a thread asking what type ,model or vehicle did you use a brake booster from, see if that is a better way to get information for a needed answer

what did you do before the internet?

4. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

So what if its closed. If you use the search function you will still find it. After about 5 replyies it is like kicking a dead horse.

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

I disagree. What topic was it a few weeks ago that someone couldn't get an answer from a manufacturer and then posted it on here? The thread got very long and I believe it was pointed out to the manufacturer by someone.

They then took his call and addressed the problem. IMO the more who can add or perhaps tell someone to stop their whining the better.

6. hippie6

hippie6

Guess I started a bit of controversy. OOPS. I was just venting a bit. I drilled new holes in the firewall (so the push rod stays straight). I still have to bleed the brakes and see if they are any better. For those of you that wondered the car is just now getting to the point of being able to drive it around. And I put a manual (disc/ drum) comversion set-up on my "54 Lincoln and I used Fatman 3 inch drop spindles.

7. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't close it personally, but my gut reaction is that the moderator who did thought it looked like it had run it's course. And that's why it is closed instead of deleted.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I closed it. It wasn't going anywhere productive and had basically run it's course.

That is, of course, subjective.

However, rants in general aren't productive. Yes, the odd person gets a problem solved by the vendor that views a thread from time to time, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, I prefer to leave these open... reason? Sometimes the vendor does see them after time and that can be a big help for our members.

That said, every now and then these do go to far and have to be closed...

I'll reopen the original thread.

10. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

That shows class my friend.
    nuff, said.
    Craig :cool: