Register now to get rid of these ads!

Simply amazing...........a true small block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radshit, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Radshit

Radshit

2. Whoever owns that ought to put that bad boy in a mini-bike frame. Be a helluva ride [​IMG]

Farmall

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

that's super kool. i saw an offy model run at a good-guys event that was unbelievable.

4. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">COOL!
    Need that for "Son of Trike-O-Doom! </font>

5. hatch

hatch
    from house

Has anyone on this board ever "built" an engine for their hot rod????....I guess we are just parts assemblers. That guy is serious!!!!

6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

wow, that is the coolest thing. Wouldn't it be great to see that in a scaled version of a hot rod. And it even sounds great. What talent. Your right.. we here are no more than assemblers... this guy is the creator.

7. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

I've seen pics/movies of someone who built a 1/4 scale t-bucket with a V-8 and RC. He also did a 427SC Cobra... lemme see if I can find the URL.

8. lesabre59

lesabre59

the cobra and t-bucket were from Conely engines

9. Rix2Six

Rix2Six
    from So. Cal.

10. TINGLER

TINGLER

[ QUOTE ]
    Has anyone on this board ever "built" an engine for their hot rod????....I guess we are just parts assemblers. That guy is serious!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinkin about this myself...
    I wonder how a person could get this accomplished? I guess you would have to have access to a casting facility.

One BIG question I have is this. WHY has nobody ever made a new and modern casting of a flathead block (or have they). You know, a full sized version. And I know about the French versions.
    Why are there no American versions...??? Too expensive to produce for the low demand?

How did this cat build this little engine? Somebody must be casting special blocks somewhere....

Food for thought.
    JT.

11. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I guessing since it does not run a radiator, there's no need for water jackets and such, so no need to "cast" the block. It could just be whittled out of a chunk of metal.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

out of a chunk of billet????? [​IMG]

13. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think of that every time some one says "I built this engine" when what they really did was take it apart, send it out for cleaning, cam bearings and a bore and hone and bolt it back together with some new pistons and a different manifold.
    They didn't cast a block and heads or machine a crank from their own forging, etc. which would be "building" yet it's common to call a refresh of an engine "rebuilding".
    Maybe "Went through the motor" is a mo-betta description? [​IMG]

14. DrJ

DrJ

It finally finished loading on my dialup..
    Dang!
    I could almost smell the castor oil and nitro/alcohol burn....
    That would be cool geared about 20-1 in a just big enough for an adult pedal car.

15. Rocknrod

Rocknrod
    from NC, USA

16. a/fxcomet

a/fxcomet
    from Eugene, OR

[ QUOTE ]
    I guessing since it does not run a radiator, there's no need for water jackets and such, so no need to "cast" the block. It could just be whittled out of a chunk of metal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, most of the ones I have seen run a radiator. I think they just use a heater core. A lot of places sell the raw castings.

Gonna go to a local model show that has a tons of these this weekend. http://www.evmes.org/index.html . There is some amazing stuff there. Blown V8s, four bangers, Type one VW motors, radial engines, etc.

Last year, there was a model A there that was about as long as my arm. Had a 4 banger in it. I noticed a bunch of servos in it. I asked the guy who built it if it drove, and he said yes. Looked under the rear and noticed a quickchange. Asked if that was real. He said yes [​IMG]

There was another guy who had the dies out for stamping oil pans for SBCs. They were about 3" long!

17. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">Sweet Jesus man!!

I justed messed my shorts when I saw those little engines.

I'm in love.

I need a napkin! </font>

18. hatch

hatch
    from house

I had the good luck to visit Chauvin Emmons shop in Phoenix a coupla years ago...He builds some fantastic stuff...fuel dragster cyl heads and of course his Bonneville car. He is the type to "build" an engine. Not many people have the knowledge, equipment and money for it.