Register now to get rid of these ads!

Simple

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Model T1

Model T1

Damned that sounds simple. ;)

2. Amen!

Hang the last version on the wall.
    Less IS more when it comes to the traditional stuff we love.

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I agree. It went from having 4-5 pages of new posts to 11.:eek: I kinda hate that the main forum has the same posts as the other two traditional forums. I wish it was set up with tradition hot rods, traditional customs, and then one for everything else without copies of what's in the other two. Can't please everybody though, so as long as Ryan likes it, it's his to do with as he pleases, and I'm glad he lets us share his vision. I've learned a lot, and hope to continue to learn more.

4. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAMB is what got me in to this mess in the first place...all of a sudden I got 6 cars...!

"gospel of traditional Hot Rods and Kustoms - to be the voice of the working man, a tool in the toolbox of the guy that does it himself"

It's an awesome place to learn about tradition + a million other things about Hot Rodding!

I Love the Period Correct Cars!...eom.

I'm also happy that there's a place for Us to hang around and learn from everyone!
    Us = Guys with Old Hot Rods but, but not every Nut & Bolt is antique...
    sometimes you gotta build it with what you got to afford it...AND have FUN.
    I almost bought me a Mercury EAC, I WANT a Quick Change Rear...etc...Nadanuff$$$

Ryan, whatever you do, I'm sure HAMB will still be Awesome!
    Tommy

5. fsae0607

fsae0607

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in Ryan's blog it says this:

"2. The Hokey Ass Message Board is back as the main forum. You can see it here. This forum holds threads about traditionally inspired hot rods and customs just like it has for the last 20 years. Threads about event coverage, art, history, etc… is all here."

So traditionally inspired rides are still going to be kosher, right? I don't get why people think it's going to be about traditional and customs only.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Thank you!! if I understand what you are saying I will still be able to find all the posts by going to the HAMB site. I have noticed the "moved" threads but they still come up if I click on them and it takes me to the new location. I don't want to have to go to several sites and search.....I'm afraid I'll miss something.:D

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I stay mainly on the main forum and have since I started here 9 years ago. When you changed the first time, I really didn't notice any change because...I was always on the main forum. Now that everything is back on the main forum, I still won't notice any change...it's pretty easy to figure out, guys.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. NudeBomber

NudeBomber
    from East Texas

I believe it'll be easier to navigate. Thanks Guys!

9. Aw shit now where am i going to post about my Billet street rods and rat rods! just when i was getting used to having my posts deleted here you go making it useful again!.Keep it up Ryan doing great with it as always.

10. autobilly

autobilly

[​IMG]
    Que sera sera!:D

11. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3wLarry: Bingo,my sentiments exactly. Ryan: Looking forward to whatever you have in store for us. Rodon guys!

12. GoFastHotRods

GoFastHotRods
    from CT

Where did all the info from the deleted forums go? I really hope that it hasn't all been lost.

13. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have a question, on your main board, the pull down shows Hotrods & Customs as a selection. Does it automatically direct a thread to the Traditional section, or is it a new prefix for the main board?

IMO, looks better :cool:

Edit: Now that I've played with it a little, it does look like the Hot Rods & Customs selection on the main board is a new prefix, & not connected to the Trad section.

Not sure the need for it though. All the other prefix's are a subject (or theme), & cover pretty much everything. Hot Rods & Customs would be a "type" or category.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  14. EZ Cool

EZ Cool
    Alliance Vendor
    from Slaton TX

And the best just got better.

15. 53 sparky

53 sparky

me too.

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

Possible interruption: Life without hamb , how do i survie??

17. ryno

ryno

Really looking forward to the changes...love and miss the old ways hopefully with the new changes we can get back to the "feel" of this joint.

Will the stickies now be back on the main forum?
    I missed a lot of stuff because it never showed under general only the split sections.

18. Same place it has always been on the main H.A.M.B. board.

Looks good Ryan I think this is an improvement! I found myself only looking at the main board for the most part anyway as I found it easier than going to a bunch of different forums. I still like the idea of keeping the two traditional sections though as it is nice to be able to skim the custom one to make sure I haven't missed anything as the posts on there seem to drop down on the main board pretty fast as there tends to be way less action there than anywhere else.

19. Bottom line up front, I love that kind of talk.

20. SoCal

SoCal

I have a clipped front end, radial tires, and probably a host of other (hidden) naughty street roddy offences in a 'traditionally styled car'.
    It fits my needs.
    Does that mean I don't want to read about period perfect rods and customs? Of course not. Probably more so as that's what I'd want if dreams were free!
    Focus is good.

21. demonspeed

demonspeed

Thanks Ryan, I think the current setup is great. I was one of the confused idiots When things got changed around last time. But now I can browse all the threads, or if I want to focus on strictly traditional stuff, I can do that too. I like it! Looking forward to the new design

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for all of the hard work to get the site to this stage. look forward to the upcoming redesign.

23. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been around here for a little while now, and I think this will be a good thing. Stoked to play around on it.

24. Simplicty is the key to a good design.

btw- the dixie peach makes your wavy hair look cool but I didn't know you smoked. :)

25. So, the tech archive is staying put? I sure hope so, it's been invaluable to me.
    Searching the HAMB for specific tech info can be tedious at times. A dozen half ass expert opinions can be horrible to decipher when trying to track down meaningful info. As great as the HAMB is, there is no denying that there is a touch of horrible 'how to' floating around here. The tech archive cuts through that crap and puts a spotlight on reliable and workable.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

All of those threads will be reopened and moved into the main forum-making them more searchable. Cool?

27. flamingokid

flamingokid

Exactamundo.

28. Uptown83

Uptown83

Great news. To be honest didn't like the new forum setup and found myself always at fordbarn sine it was easy categories plus I like restored cars just as much :)
    Anyways good news!

29. fuck, If Larry can figure it out, a blind deaf and dumb monkey can!:p:D

30. Tman,that's cold,it's true but it's still cold! :D HRP