Register now to get rid of these ads!

Silly opinion question: Who sells the best king pin sets?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I guess what I am asking....who has made in the good ole usa king pin sets for round back ford spindles? I don't have many miles on my car :eek: but I guess I am a little hard on the front end....Anyhow, I took the axle out this winter and sent it back to Rods West to have it gone over. I was amazed to hear it was only out 1 degree on either side. Suprised after how many times I have bounced it! The king pins, not so much. The last set I used were the expensive bearing type that Speedway sells. I didn't like how they are now so I want to go back to the bushing style. I am also going to replace the front wheel studs for save measure. Thanks for your input!

2. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

P&J Sells KP's made ina good ole USA.....Call 'em and let them explain WHY they are GOOD !!!!!

3. Heo2

Heo2

Bad solution with bearings on the
    kingpins most of the time you
    drive straight and the rollers
    will stay in the same place
    and wear out. Plus the bearing
    surface on a bushing is much
    bigger. Roller bearings are god
    for high rpm low load
    not no rpm high load

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

When those roller bearing ones came out they were supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, but every report I have ever seen is that they didn't work out in the real world like they were supposed to.

I know the general feeling is that ones made in the USA must be better somehow but I haven't really ever found an issue with whatever Speedway sells. When I redid my 27 a few years ago I replaced the 20 year old Speedway ones with another set from Speedway, and the old ones could have actually been reused, but I changed them just because I was in there.

Don

5. swissmike

swissmike

Take this to the bank!