Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sikkens toner question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Bob, Jun 30, 2014.

1. A few years ago we painted a car with Sikkens. We thought we were being clever by using straight toner so if we ever needed to do touch up we'd have a color that would be comparatively easier to match. We used 538 Maroon toner. Yeah, I know, that's what you get for thinking. As any of you paint guys know Sikkens changed their paint lines 5 or 6 years ago and that same formula is no longer in production/supplied. What I'd like to find is if anyone knows of some old stock that was on a well maintained mixing rack that I could get as we have some matching to do.

Yeah, I know a sharp paint tech can mix to match, and that there are color readers that supposedly will kick out an "exact match", but both of those aren't 100%. And quite frankly if a shop wasn't good at keeping their toners stirred regularly even a toner could be off, but I'm reaching for the moon here. Anyone have access to a 538 maroon toner or where to find some? A pint would do it.