Register now to get rid of these ads!

signs along the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by onlychevrolets, Aug 6, 2009.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yeah! git er dun!!!! yeehaaaww!:rolleyes:

2. yankbuilt

yankbuilt

A couple odd ones

Attached Files:

3. 2tondave

2tondave
    from Seattle WA

here one i wish i saw back in high school ! -

[​IMG]

and this one ... huh ?

[​IMG]

lets hear it for the weekend pranksters ! -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  4. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Old Thread but new pic...turn off to my new house
    [​IMG]

5. 56ih

56ih

No one believes me, but I swear I once passed a sign in Alabama that read 'Please Don't Litter, Help Keep Alabama Illiterate'!!!

Almost had to pull over I was laughing so hard

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Man some funny stuff in this thread!
    0320181052-1.jpg

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-9-20_4-26-56.png
    Hello,

Our dad was one guy in the early years that loved driving. He bought his first Dodge coupe during his 20 something days. But, from 1946 to the time he passed away in 1984, he was a die-hard, proud, Buick sedan owner. (approx. every 4 years he bought a new Buick sedan) On many of the long family vacation (and So Cal family cruises) trips we took in his Buick sedans, my brother and I would race to the windows to see who could read those silly roadside signs put there by Burma Shave Company.

We all probably learned to read from those signs and our vast comic book collections. The signs were on most major highways, out in the country, on the outskirts of the cities, and coming into or going out of small towns. When we all saw the red signs, my dad slowed down just so we could have our reading challenge. Even my mom joined in the fun to read those bright red signs.

Jnaki

My dad had to shave almost twice a day. He actually bought a Burma Shave foam dispenser. Of course, we had to try it, just because we were little kids. He like the Burma Shave foam for about a week or so, but went back to his favorite "Old Spice." That was a distinct aroma lingering all over our old Long Beach house. Yes, we also tried on his Old Spice on our young faces, too.

But, those trips in the big Buicks were added fun, because it was a contest to see who could spot the signs first. Brotherly competition lives from an early time!!! (although my brother could read first, I had to learn to catch up!)

Attached Files:

8. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

9. Rick & Jan

Rick & Jan

Great Avatar Mason!!

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

Heres a picture I took in Florala Alabama recently. Southern one stop shopping. Gary IMG_0006.JPG

11. HellsBells5

HellsBells5

12. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East