Register now to get rid of these ads!

sidepipe install help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CopperBandit, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hey guys. I have cheapo sidepipes on my 53 chevy streetracer. My chassis is a little funky as I have a camaro clip. When I installed the current pipes, I welded a 90 degree onto the header reducers (to make a tiny manifold) and then ran flexpipe to the sidepipes. It works, but I know theres a better way.

I just scored some pretty cool old thrush sidepipes that I want to install, but Id like to do something that would optimize the exhaust flow, and if needed put an x-member in. Any exhaust guys out there that can give me some pointers? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Some info on the engine? Long tube headers? If by X-member you mean x-pipe, I'm not sure that's an easy fit. Some pictures are probably needed???

3. 350 longtube flowtech (camaro) headers. Yes I meant x-pipe... my bad.

4. I haven't done any side pipes, but an x-pipe to me would be too much for no benefit. You're looking for the least bends as possible. I think the best way, is to buy prebent universal stainless u-bends and weld away

5. I understand what youre saying, and definately appreciate the advice. I dont know much about exhaust... a universal kit may be the way to, unless I go to midas and get something bent up custom?

6. Got a universal U-bend kit from headman, new 3-2 1/2 hooker collectors and 4 2id/2od elbows. Turned out great measured performance improvement!

Attached Files: