Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shrinking sheet metal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John_Kelly, Apr 23, 2005.

1. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

I’ve been filming a few different tuck shrinking methods for my next video, and just figured out I can capture stills (I’m a little slow). These are pictures of tucks formed with my foot tucker, and hammered down with a steel hammer over a hard steel surface, as well as picture showing what kind of shaping you can do with this method. You can see the thumbnail die type markings where the shrink is. This is a very controllable method of shrinking, without any expensive equipment.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

sweet!

I gotta get one of your disc's man,,, heat and tap is a pain in the ass. . . settin the torch down, grabin the hammer and dolly, and gettin it done before the heat disipates...

you make a nice pick too dontcha John?

3. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Once again, John, you've managed to show us some cool metal shaping methods. Keep 'em coming.

Frank

5. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

6. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

Still playing with shrinking for my next video. Picture of a generic cycle type fender...could be made into a '30s car fender with a few tweaks here and there....

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

7. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

looks great I am going to have to try it