Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show us your Gas Pump..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IrishHills, Nov 6, 2010.

1. If they're gonna be sitting outside and NOT bolted down, I'd leave all the guts in them. Keeps them from wandering off.
    I have three that I use for night/security lights around the garages and rear deck. When (if) I get the new building completed a couple of them will go inside. Then I'll probably ditch some of the cast iron innards.

2. Thanks guys. We just finished it....been a three year project. I've been pretty pleased with how it turned out.

3. Cool pics with the snow! They are perfect for the season!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are simply magical!

[​IMG]

4. I gutted the pumps because they REEK!!! One of mine was diesel the other gas.

5. chop32

chop32

Heres a Pre-Visible Martin & Schwartz pump that I plan to restore if I can find any info and/or reference photos.
    Sorry for the sideways pictures!

Attached Files:

6. I posted this in the truck section but thought I would post it here too for the gas pump guys, it was at the Orphan Show here in Michigan, think it's a Dodge Airflow..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

Awesome thread! I've been dying to get a gas pump for years. Some Day my dream will come true.

8. Here's my Tokheim 39.
    Gonna mount it on a small concete pad next to the driveway and use it as as a night light.
    In honor of my Dad (80 yrs old and lives with us now) I'm going to do it up as a Pure Oil brand pump. Dad is from a small town in South Dakota and remembers that was the one filling station they had back in the day.
    After I get my 36 pickup painted a nice creamy antique white I'm thinking about putting 'Pure Oil' signs on the doors.

Gas pump.JPG

9. 30 A truck

30 A truck

Here is mine behind my truck. It is a Wayne model 70. It serves as a night light, when the bulbs are not burned out, (that happens a lot, can't keep working bulbs in it). I have 3 more in the shop that need restoring.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 030n.JPG
      030n.JPG
      File size:
      88.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Taken a few weeks ago after we got about 12 inches of snow.

[​IMG]

11. big bad john

big bad john

........I've own a dental lab for 35 years....this is the coolest dental office I've ever seen.....

12. I use one of those new style 15watt light bulbs (curly ones) in mine for the globe and one of the under counter light inside to light up the face (mounted high in front) for the face area,they last over a year or more sometimes up to three years.......and its cheap.......

13. 30 A truck...... heres mine and the inside cheap light

Attached Files:

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I've been wanting a gas pump for a while now! Still looking........

15. 30 A truck

30 A truck

Thanks meatball. Mine has one in the globe & the original 4 for the face. I will try the new style curly bulbs in it.

16. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Would love to have a gas pump but can't seem to find one that is reasonable.

17. Thanks, a little too cool right now, wish it was warmer. :)

18. Awesome! I love them all!

19. seatex

seatex

20. neatoldclassics

neatoldclassics
    from Montana

Here's a Polly theme gas pump and a Phillips 66 I'm in the process of working on both. :D

Attached Files:

21. joburnsjo

joburnsjo

;)Her's a shot of mine in front of my shop with the tin man I made when I was an apprentice He guard's the shop

Attached Files:

22. pedal tow truck 017.jpg One of mine! The other one is next to my roadster!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  23. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine. Regards, Ron

Attached Files:

• gas2.jpg
      gas2.jpg
      File size:
      228.6 KB
      Views:
  24. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Found this lying out in a field. Asked the owner if he was interested in selling it and he said I could have it if I could haul it out of there. Found a belly tank out there too, but the bottom half was rotted out.

Attached Files:

25. gsp392

gsp392

Awsome stuff everybody! I'm so far behind, I'll never catch up.

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

27. daddio211

daddio211

Found this Wayne on Craigslist 120 miles away for cheap. The guy even delivered it because I paid his asking price!

Attached Files:

28. Bump for more garage art.