Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Show & tell. lets see your interior door & window handles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Feb 18, 2019.

1. I've seen hundreds of early Ford interiors and it seems the most widely used window & door handles are the beefier Ford handles, I have the 40 Ford handles on my Deuce but I have seen them used on the Model A's on up.

I know the original '32 handles are small and almost delicate compared to the beefier Ford handles, did this start shortly after the first '40 ended up in the junk yard? was it a trend that started after someones car was featured in a magazine? HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  2. A little-known swap for the early square-shank Ford handles is the '55-59 Mopar handles if you want something different. The only catch is you need the hard-to-find specialty tool for those to remove them as they use a spring catch to retain them.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

DSCN6338.JPG

I used '49 Ford handles on this one. A little beefier than 30's handles, and a classic look. Make sure you don't get 50's because they went to splines then.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    HOTRODPRIMER and chop job like this.
  4. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

The ones in my coupe look like yours.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. The '50 Ford coupe window cranks & and door handles would look good on other cars. HRP

[​IMG]

6. alchemy

alchemy

They look exactly like the 49’s in my sedan. Except 50’s have a splined shaft.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

They are yet to be installed in my 46 Olds however I had them rechromed and also new ivory buttons reproduced as they've not available. Repop Chevy ones would fit but are not the OEM colour. I drilled the rear flange of the winder and used machine thread button heads to attach them to handle, just like new :D
    Window winders.jpg Winders.jpg
    I also added power windows and adapted the OEM splined shaft (Tapered tip) to the aftermarket switch (Flat tip shaft)
    Window-winder.jpg Window winder.jpg

HOTRODPRIMER and Shadow Creek like this.
  8. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Mine has never had window or door handles. Factory power windows and push buttons to open the doors with....
    It's a Lincoln thing....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. moparjimd60

moparjimd60

[​IMG]

Hard to see, but I built the door mechanism, and built the door handles out of 7/16 wrenches. $35.00 total works like a charm.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Always better to use a wrench when possible versus the more common short cut:D...:(
    upload_2019-2-26_19-56-39.jpeg

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.