Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show pics of the coolest tubs you've seen

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grumpy, Apr 26, 2005.

1. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Thats Richie Willet's car.

2. surprised this hasn't turned up yet...

3. Hey Beatnik -- any more photos of the red 28/29 with the green wheels?

4. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The best one ever was done by Randy Bianchi. Ant one got pics?

5. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Excellent.

great examples.

Like I said earlier, I sorta have it done in my head, but just want to see what others have done.

Because I'm a big guy, I really don't want it channeled. So I think I want it on 32 rails.

Plus I'm a big fan of those Rollin Bones guys and 3WLarry's coupe. I really like the front suspension treatment.

Plus I saw a similar frontend being done to a 32 p/u in the latest Rodders Digest.

Thanks everyone.

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The red one in Beatnik's post, and the Ardun car in D.W.'s -- whew!

Both those cars are RACY lookin; low stance on Deuce rails works great.

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I like this cut down sedan.

8. A Boner

A Boner

VERY COOL LIKE THIS..........NEVER DID UNDERSTAND THE MAGAZINE PAGES UP-GRADE THOUGH.

COULD THIS CAR BE ONE OF THE FIRST "RAT RODS"?

9. Short Bull

Short Bull

This was coolest the tub I have seen until I saw TMAN's this past March.
    [​IMG]

10. Hands down the coolest... until he put all those stupid magazines all over it.
    Sam.

11. laverda

laverda

(apologies for the pic sizes, my resizing is not working)

Various pics when I was tub crazy ...

Posted before, R&C feature

[​IMG]

HAMBer? (HammerArt)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Original Foose sketch (90s) of AlumaTub (posted before)
    [​IMG]

tub
    [​IMG]

Anyone have details on the white tubs (above post) front end ... specifically the torsion bar link to the 'bones? The car was built by (T.Osborne?) a sprint car builder (Indiana?) who incorporated torsion bars throughout. The car has shown up over the years on the 'net, mags, build books, etc without featuring this detail ..... thx.

12. laverda.....Lee Osborne's shop was located in Jamestown, IN back in '86. I spent some time there. He was building sprint cars and dirt champ cars at the time and later on sold the race car business. He then switched to building street rods and, from what I've heard, he has built some very outstanding cars.

Regarding the torsion bar suspension, I will be using T-bars on all 4 corners of the bucket I have designed and they will, at the front, be linked to the oval-tube split 'bones. Very simple design and a big improvement over springs in that they can be infinitely adjusted for height and ride.

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Laverda and JF, Lee Osborne is now back in upstate NY (he was originally from Spencerport, NY) where he has a shop to work on things that interest him-mostly deuces and some T's and A's. Who doesn't like a little T and A? Anyway, his shop is outside of Penn Yan and overlooks Keuka Lake. He has no phone in the shop and basically, as I said, works on things he likes for people he likes-the second being, I think, the most important factor. He builds cars and chassis WAY faster than anyone I have ever encountered. And, they are all built with the knowledge he gained from building race cars. Some of his notable customers include A. J. Foyt and Jeff Gordon.

Lee's ex-partner, Lee Panarides (sp?) is still in Jamestown and still building stuff, specializing in torsion bar suspensions. Works of art for their simplicity. Incidentally, I have a torsion bar front end built by Lee P. that is waiting on an install by Lee O in my '40 sedan The install will take place late this summer. I'm getting excited as my '40 hasn't seen the lite of day for over 30 years!!!

14. oldandkrusty....Jeff Gordon's sprint car hauler was parked at Osborne's shop when I was there. I believe Lee's son was Jeff's crew chief. I remember reading that Osborne had built some kind of hotrod for A.J. If Oz is putting suspension under your car you can be sure that the design and workmanship will be first rate.

Small world !

15. hatch

hatch
    from house

Lee's tub was cool before anybody realized what cool is!!!!

16. laverda

laverda

Ha!

Thanks very much for the info. I have looking for more details on the white tub for a few years .... shoulda' asked the HAMB!!! :)

later,
    papa al

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I hung out at Lee and Steve's shop as a kid. I watched AJ Foyt's car being built from day one. Steve built the rear end set up that is in my '36 back in the 80s. At the pre-Pileup party I was setting up our band equipment to play, and I see Steve at the bar. He of course has no idea who I am as an adult, so I go up and say hello. It was good to see him again, and about 5 minutes later my Mom and Dad come through the door, and they all got to catch up. Pretty cool. I haven't seen Lee in years.

That white really low A tub is one of Lee's too.

18. Drive on

Drive on

19. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

This is cool. Ok maybe not but note snow on the backgound.... ;)
    I started to build this one but then I sold the body and axles and used the frame into my Tudor.

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'd like to know more about the red car with green wires that appears earlier in this thread, and again in LaVerda's with the caption "HAMBer? (HammerArt)". Its proportions and stance are exceptional; has it been shortened? Made from a sedan? Other unnatural acts?

21. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Thanks all..
    There's some great examples.

I like the red oxide with green wires one, and I like the fendered one in the B&W pic.

Hmm...fenders?!

Food for thought!

22. Here's one of my all time favorites...

23. hdv32

hdv32

This one comes out of Lee Osburn's old shop by Steve himself. You have to see it in person to appreciate all of the details.

24. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

This is truly a sweet tub and whoever owns this is at IRP watchin the races all the time.

Later Shoe

25. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Anyone have any other pics of the black/red one?
    I like it!

26. Another photo of FlyinJ1's 34 chevy ex-tudor sedan tub. He runs a 4.3 litre V/6 in it...........taken in my driveway.

27. T-man's tub on it's maiden voyage........

28. And this hybrid seen at Americriuse in Lincoln, Ne. a couple years ago.

29. I don't know anything about this sketch other than I dig it.

30. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

This thread needs to be brought back. To damn bad most all of the pics are now gone.

LETS DO A REVIVAL!