Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show Off Your Gasser!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by First On Race Day, Apr 24, 2007.

1. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

This thread has some killer cars.

2. guffey

guffey

My projects if I ever get any thing done

Attached Files:

quicksilverart46 likes this.
  3. davis574ord

davis574ord

Cool shit bro my son and i are building a 1960 ford f-100 gasser w2ith a 312 y-block in it love the thread keep it up dude!

4. Mac_55

Mac_55

Well heres my project . I have not gotten to work on it all winter so im really excited with this warm weather to get out and get to work , hoping to have it thumpin in time for the pile up. I was gonna jump right into it but ive got a truck to build for a buddy that gets paid to bust heads in the UFC so im going to build his truck and then use the money i make from that to get really close to finishing the girl out ., I probably wont have paint on it in time for the pile up but hopefully the blown 396 will be laid between the frame rails. Ive got motor , tranny and brakes to do . Its just comin up with the funds to do it ha ha ha.

I know , i need some new pics , these are about posted out ha ha ha.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cooljunk

cooljunk

Jon(Falcon Gasser) and I have gone head to head several times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. just got it home, will wash it and take better pics tomorrow.

Attached Files:

7. I thought you didn't want pics of it all over the HAMB?:confused:

8. yeah I don't care.

9. Blue Kollar Kustoms in Ventura Ca. did the body + paint. Striping by Bill Marygold.

10. Tony D.

Tony D.

This is the 50 Plymouth slantback gasser that my dad and I are working on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Good to see you guys getting on.......:D

12. Tony D,its good to see something a little diferent,this is gonna be cool...

13. No Ryan closed that last thread. Told me to knock it off. I suspect that Groucho got told too.

14. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

?????????????????????????????

15. Oh please, do tell, what did we miss?

16. Well, i've shown it in other threads, but what the heck

Here's mine alongside Karpo's "Mndello & Matsubara" Fiat Altered at this years GNRS. The Anglia was a B/Gas record holder at Irwindale back in 1970
    [​IMG]

17. BAFF

BAFF

The Central State Gasser Association will kick off it's racing season in earnest in the next month. If you're a fan of old style doorslammer drag racing, and the Gasser Wars like it was in the sixties or just a fan of cool old cars we hope you'll come out and support the CSGA and be part of the fun.

Willys, Henry J's, Shoeboxes, Anglias and more...

Hooley's "Okie Twister" Henry J VS Baff's "ROCK N ROLLA" 1956 Ford
    Ross' Willys Pick up VS Fissel's wheelstanding '48 Anglia
    4speedman's '32 Plymouth Coupe VS Lucky's Big Green Truck

and many more cool match up's...

The first CSGA/Nostalgia Eliminator points race will take place at Thunder Valley Raceway Park on Saturday, April 10. Gates open at 4pm.

On Saturday May 8, head down to Ardmore Dragway for "Whitewalls and Drags", a very cool nostalgia event featuring Nostalgia Drag Cars, a Car Show, Pin Up Girls, Live Music and of course, the stars of the Gasser Wars, the CSGA! Gates open at 10AM.

The CSGA will be racing once per month at Thunder Valley and will make appearences at other events around Oklahoma. And, don't miss the CSGA Nostalgia Nationals later this year on October 31.

We hope you'll drive your hot rod to our events and show the tracks that the love of old hot rods and nostalgia racing is alive and kicking in Oklahoma!

For more info on the events visit www.okthunder.com for Thunder Valley and www.ardmoredragway.com

You can also check out the Central State Gasser Association forum here on the H.A.M.B.

18. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

My 50 Coupe will be done someday.
    [​IMG]

19. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

here is my new csga car, should be ready to go in may

well here we are in july, stillnot done but will be soon and I cant wait

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  20. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

More old pics

Attached Files:

21. Hellvedere Steve

Hellvedere Steve
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Coalfield

I recently saved this car from the scrapper. This 1951 Henry J had been sitting in a pasture for the last 25-30 years. It appears that it may have had a tilt nose, but there was no front sheetmetal or rearend with it. It also has a recessed firewall, radiused wheelwells, and the floor was set up for a four speed. I also found some broken pieces of blue plexiglass when we where cleaning all the dirt and sticker bushes out of it.
    I am looking for any history or photos of the car. We believe it may have ran at Puyallup back in the day. Thanx

Attached Files:

22. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

My '63 Catalina is in the building stages. Not period correct but will be gasser like. I have a '57 Chevy truck front beam axle on and am working on the body to get it straight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Trying to make up my mind whether to go with the slots and tires in the side shot or I have some really big 31.5 tall 16.5 wide ET streets on 15 inch wide rims to run if I narrow everything up. If I go big I'll start cutting everything up so I have to be set in my decision. I'm trying to make up my mind whether to put the full tire under the car or figure out a nice radius and go with it sticking out a little. These are the slots
    [​IMG]
    These are the big tires and rims with a narrowed 9 inch that I have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have some thinking to do. Mark L

23. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Just took a pic of the big tires on the back.
    [​IMG]
    Either stick 'em out or fit them under???? Mark L

24. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Lots of Falcons in this thread..Glad I'm not alone!..Here's one that I'm building..Full rear frame clip(hand built) with ladder bar suspension..I decided to put the tires underneath cause I think it looks cooler..Will be powered by an FE Ford,Injected..

Attached Files:

25. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Me at MoKan.

Attached Files:

26. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

[​IMG]
    Either stick 'em out or fit them under???? Mark L

Fit them under has my vote.:p

27. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

under and they are too wide?

28. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Is this Don or did you have Don build this car? Just wondering my dad sold him his 32' about 9 years ago, shipped it to him from Cincinnati in a semi trailer. Hahaha By the way bad ass car!!!

29. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Getting closer........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

For the Pontiac, My opinion you need a less wide wheel and a narrower tire. The way its set up it looks like the wanna-be "gasser" resurgent s in the early to mid 80's and I think that look is awful. The 4x4 look of the 80's "gasser" is just plain HEINOUS!!!!!!!