Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your home 2-car garage shop/build area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldtele, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

seeing peoples garages is cool

2. scoobyscooter

scoobyscooter

Not for me...just means i've got to remember where everything's stashed or what pile its in :)....you can never have too much stuff...

3. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

Here is my design to get your 3 door, 36' wide x 24' deep barn/garage. Having the upstairs gives a lot of extra work and storage room, and breaks up the roof lengths for a stronger roof and snow loading. But I'm running out of room for all my toys, so have begun a 20' x 16' addition to my 16' x 12' mini barn. Remember the rule of thumb for garage building, "figure what you need, THEN DOUBLE IT!"

Attached Files:

4. Yes, I have pictures of the trusses being stacked and then swung into place.
    It might take some time to find them and then I need my wife to scan them and shoot them off. I don't know how to scan and send yet although it's probably pretty simple I imagine.

Jim

5. BSL409

BSL409

I have A 24x24 and i could not go to the Back to front or side . So i went UP

Attached Files:

6. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Nothing special but it works.

7. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

here is mine in progress, new driveway was part of it all

Attached Files:

8. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

36DodgeRam you did a really nice job on your garage. It reminds me of some of the New England boat building barns with the upstairs that would be used for lofting. As I said I wish there had been a little more homework done, what you accomplished is functional and yet architecturally attractive. You are right there is never enough room!!

9. olkarz

olkarz

Maaaan if i was a lucky as some of you guys with the long garages in the basement of your houses, espeically the 1s with the barns converted into garages. If I had a garage like those...my wife would never see me inside the house!!! I can see it now...hot rod posters covering every space of the wall, refrigerator for my sudz, microwave, plasma tv on the wall, stereo system along with my tools and equipment. mmmmmm, can you say Man Cave!!!