Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs show me your chopped 46-48 Ford Tudors.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace Brown, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

hoping for more pictures...

2. Rikster

Rikster

Sorry thats it... I scanned the complete article... and its about more cars, and the photos I show are the only photos shown of this car in the magazine.

3. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Thanks Rik, i appreciate the help. If anybody's got any more photos to add that would be great too. Maybe there just aren't that many 46-48 tudors chopped! Thanks again
    -ace

4. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This thread proves that these Sedans look really good chopped. I've never been too big on chopped coupes of this vintage - unless it's chopped and then hard topped, the shape of the back windows always looks clunky to me. Big fat b & c pillars and little windows. A chop combined with a hard top conversion fixes all of the clunkiness, but that's way more work. That's why I've never thought of chopping my coupe - so, there is an answer to a question that nobody asked...

5. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

thanks for the input. now if only you had some photos of some chopped sedans it would be perfect.

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

BTT tryin to keeo-p the post alive!

7. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

ha, thanks! there's not too many chopped sedans i'm guessing!
    -ace

8. Rikster

Rikster

Here is another one... turned into a Chopped Hard top with angled back windshield. I dont really care for the style of the car too much though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of these are samples how not to chop it... personal opinion of coarse...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Very bad!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you would loose the Dummy Spots and rake the windshield a little less... you ave a very nice chopped sedan... shown before.. just a different angle.

[​IMG]

9. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Thanks Rik, some of those are indeed not so good chops. i do like the hardtop idea, but you're right the car is too "street rod" i think. Thanks for the other photos, the second one down, the black one, doesn't look too bad from the front, but i think the rear looks way wrong. thanks again!

10. chrisman

chrisman

I played around with a picture of my '47, chopped it like in that article rik posted: Cut the posts, slide the roof forward, shorten the trunk lid and the rear fenders. I think this chop is like 3" at the a-pillar and about 4 1/2-5" at the c-pillar. It definitely need to be chopped more in the rear, or you'll get that wedgy look that make these sedans look so goofy, as most do in the pics above.

Sorry for the sketchy ps-work, but you'll get the idea.

Attached Files:

11. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

That is the look i'm after. I fooled around with photoshop doing the same thing, and from Rik's picture i was having a hard time figuring out where all of the cuts are made exactly in the sail panel area. i haven't been out to the shop in about 4 days, because it's been freezing here, to start putting some tape down. Any way you could put a few reference points on that side shot before you slid everything around?

it's looking like the 3" (or 4 1/2) through the C pillar, about a 5" length toward the rear. then a vericle cut down to the beltline, then over a few inches, then straight down through the fender?

nice looking car BTW, chopped or not!
    -ace

12. kustoms2

kustoms2

Sorry guys I have been out of town, but I am still trying to find the pictures and as soon as I find them you guys will be the first to know. I hate it when I put something up so I won't lose it and I lose it?:confused: I will also try to get some more pics of the white one for you all. I am not sure if he keeps it at his shop or at home, but I am sure he will let me get some. I know dad took out 4 inches of the windshield post and what ever the geometry works out to be on the door post and back of the roof to keep it level. I will try to get dad to sit down and right out exactly what he did if he can remember it all. Sorry for the delay!

13. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

kustoms2, thanks my friend i appreciate it
    -ace

14. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Any luck in finding those pictures? don't wanna sound pushy, just curious to see them! Thanks!!
    -ace

15. Flop

Flop

noone wants to show you their pics geeeeezus christ !!!!:eek:

16. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

you're just a freakin' bully Flop....just a mean ol' bully.

17. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I would have to vote for no chop. I think this stye car and Ts do not look good chopped. But that is my opinion. One thing that might help the look would be to shorten the trunk lid and drop the rear window down. That was one thing that I thought looked out of place on the ones pictured.

If you go to car nut, there are a couple pictures of chopped ones over there.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]
    [/quote]

Does anyone have a rear shot of this pearl white one??

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Any chance you have a copy of it to scan??

20. I thought I posted these before. If you hold down the CTRL button and use your scroll wheel on your you can enlarge the pages enough to read the text. The style of the build is out there but the chop is really nice. Work was done by Ramsey Mosely, (Scrape) and owner, Freddie (Moonman) Golden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  21. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Very cool, thanks Randomrodder and koolkemp for keeping the thread alive. Keep 'em coming if you got 'em.
    -ace

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks Random Rodder!!!

23. You're welcome guys. We might have been a low buck magazine like the old small pages but we never lacked on good tech and How To articles.

24. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

That article is pretty helpful actually, seeing where the rear cut is made. The first picture is a little blurred to see exactly where it was cut but reading the rest of it, it makes sense. I also assume the decklid needed "sectioned" also as mentioned in the other article?

25. Yes I believe so. I do have the phone number of the builder if you need more info. I'm not sure how detailed it would be. This build goes back to 1991 +-
    As far as sectioning goes, as you see it wasn't mentioned. Whether it was sectioned or taken off the bottom I couldn't tell you. We always tried to be as thorough as possible with our tech, often giving more info then the major brands. LOL
    See if this page is better.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  26. Ace Brown

Ace Brown
    from OH

Thanks randomrodder, that page is much clearer. Cool stuff! I sure appreciate your time to post this!
    -ace

27. That's one of the reasons we are here for. Good luck with your build. Keep us posted.

28. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

From carnut.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

pigpen