Register now to get rid of these ads!

Show me your breathers!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paul Y, Dec 23, 2008.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

How about a pair of Siamese no name breathers.....................

Attached Files:

2. Muttley

Muttley

Those were made by EELCO, I'd kill for a set of them.

3. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Don't need anybody "Offed" at the moment, what ya got for interesting trade?

4. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I picked up this set of SBC valve covers with these odd looking breathers. Can anyone tell me who made these?

Attached Files:

5. sunshinedb

sunshinedb

The breathers on my swap meet Micky`s...I think they look soooo period correct on the right car.[​IMG]

6. Normbc9

Normbc9

Hopefully these will upload. Here are some to look at. In many a base adapter was a part of the job.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

7. Russ66SS

Russ66SS

HelmuthBrothers likes this.
  8. Here are mine with issues.

I bought a pair of chromed FE Cal Custom VC's a couple of years ago and as it turns out I can't use the GT breathers. Edelbrock 6X2 on a Ford FE leaves no room for the breathers when using Stromberg WW's. the breathers are 8-3/8 inches long and 3" tall.

So I've got 2 issues.

The breathers were chromed as well and they are peeling bad, the VC's however are quite good. Pictures show the breathers. How do I strip the chrome on the top cover without eating the chrome off the finned areas other than sanding/grinding. I've thought about a shallow bath of some type of acid and just submerge the top.

2nd issue. Whats the best way to cover about ten 1/4 holes in the VC's to match the chrome? I've thought about polished stainless or aluminum but maybe a piece of chromed steel would match better.

Attached Files:

9. 2 of my in home favorites

Attached Files:

10. Muttley

Muttley

I've been looking for a set of those for years.

11. From my prior post regarding how to strip the chromed GT Breathers.

So I decided to just bite the bullet and use some pads on my die grinder and then sand starting with 36 grit to get rid of the corrosion pits . Jumped to 100 grit progressed to 600 grit. Used just a quick polish to decide where I need to start resanding and then final polish. I just used a 1/4 sheet sander that I usually use for my wood furniture building. Total time was 1 hr for the first (figuring out the process) and 1/2 hour for the second. Think i'm on my way to saving these.

Attached Files:

12. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Here are several different sets of breathers. 90 degree and straight GT Breathers and a set of small vintage MT breathers.

Attached Files:

13. robber

robber

Heres my one off breather/catch can on my '47 Willys. Its rolled and welded stainless ...robber

Attached Files:

• 13b.jpg
      13b.jpg
      File size:
      480.9 KB
      Views:
    • 13d.jpg
      13d.jpg
      File size:
      457.5 KB
      Views: