Register now to get rid of these ads!

???? Show car guys please tell all??????????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Its been said "You get one chance to make a first impression" and that's true.
    Some of us like sharing buildup photos, some are afraid they're ideas will get ripped.
    All I know is that when yo DO show it, it better be the best you can make it. As for me, seeing the Atomic Punk in person will top any photo of it posted.
    And it goddam well better Aaron . I aint driving 2000 miles for my health, y'know!

2. Your take on this,is what,for many "traditionalists",hot rodding is all about. Being inspirational to your peers,with whom who you "share" a hobby,is the most traditional idea we share.:D This seems to be what a site like the HAMB is also.

3. R.C.

R.C.
    from Waco Texas

I think people hide there builds so that they can be somebody at a show.
    I don't hide nothing, because nobody ever comes to see me.:):):):):):)

4. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

hey brian does your next build sound like a 30's radilliac or badilliac opera coupe ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. 402

Better safe than sorry

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

???????

7. McPhail

McPhail

I like to talk shit and i can bullshit better than I can post pictures......it's kind of an inside joke that the T coupe is top secret..... everyone I talk to knows about it.......I have a rust free 26 Ford coupe that sits on a Pete and jake's model A frame.....we had to lengthen and trim the front fenders to make it all fit but it looks pretty bitchin......the car sits on top of the frame and we used the fenders cause they were in too good a shape not to......end result is I have a T with crazy room in it despite the 6" chop, and it still sits on a pretty cool rake......I'm going to be stoned and flogged for this one though, it has disc brakes on the front and coilovers in the rear.........initially, the plan was for my son and I to leave Kansas after his high school graduation and head west to Paso, or Santa maria/paso whatever......I wanted a car that we could hop in and drive reliably to California in......since he doesn't have a lot of experience manuevering mountain passes with buggy springs and old drum brakes I opted for a 'safer', more driver friendly equipped chassis.......i hope no one has their hopes up too high though..... with Austin deadline looming, we're only going to rattle can some rust preventative paint on for this season......and if I'm not having too much fun driving this thing with my son, we'll blow it apart for paint and upholstery next year......
    sharp eyes might recognize select parts off my roadster that were cannibalized for this build.....only a rolling frame and body are left of that car...... as for what the future holds for what's left of my T bucket, well, THAT actually IS top secret......

8. Dirty2

Dirty2

:confused: With 33 replys some people do . :confused:

9. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

What is this car show thing,and where can I buy one?

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Nobody wants to see my crap!:rolleyes:

11. Zumo

Zumo

I think it's all about ideas. Sometimes you want to be the 1st to think of something and don't want anyone stealing your ideas.

12. good point.

13. Rusty

Rusty

I completely understand but fot the most part the cars that get hidden have already been done before. I fully understand on a highly coveted Amber etc awarded car. Totally one of stuff but that is super rare.