Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shouting out a great HAMBer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fbama73, Jul 15, 2010.

1. fbama73

fbama73

Last weekend, I tore down the front suspension on my '51. I found that my drivers side lower control arm had bad cancer in the spring pocket.

Well, there was a thread about "what are you doing to your car this weekend?" I mentioned what I did and what I had found.

Sunday, I had a private message. Paintcan54 (Fred) was letting me know that he just lived across town from me, and that he had a pair of 53 Chevy control arms in his garage that were mostly just in the way, and if I wanted them to come get them.

Wow. I called him Monday, and we must've spent at least an hour on the phone, shooting the bull.

Went over Wednesday before work. Spent an hour or so, just more good ol' shooting the bull with Fred and his son. He wouldn't take any cash for the arms.

That's what I love about this hobby. It's as much about people as it is about cars. Meeting Fred and his son was the best part of today to me- getting the part I needed (BADLY!) was gravy.

Big thanks again, Fred- for the parts, and for opening your garage to Leigha and I for the afternoon! We really enjoyed ourselves. And if you need a hand on the steering mods to the Ford (or whatever), I'd sure be tickled to help out.

2. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Great report. Fred sounds top notch. Good luck with you repair.

3. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Good on ya Fred. May you gain some good karma from your good deed.

4. lets see some pic's of your "build/repair" gotta love your fellow hamber!