Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should Jimmy paint his truck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skratch

skratch

i think not.it's a staple in hot rodding..he the first young guy,that i can think of..doing a bare metal car.. to me,, still the most impressive .you can stare at that truck all day and find really cool fabed parts.and see all the bitchen tig welds.

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

...i can relate to him wanting to switch it up,,,i had to switch up my '56 cuz i was tired of it...and alot of people here freaked out,,,funny,,haha i thought that was weird,....,because if it meant so much to them,they should of bought it when it was on ebay or in the classifeids ,,haha

3. I bet thats so true. Its the kids raised in larger citys trying to act all tough and they deserve every thing nice and handed to them in life. Well thas not the case. I was raised and learned in class to respect your boss and treat him or she with respect. yes, sir, no mam, the boss is always right type of attitude, not " I dont care if I talk shit on him" type of attitude, I am so sick of the turn around we have at my work with these kids, then they see me and though I am no kid I may look younger than I appear meaning my tatts and style of dress they think I am with them but its my work ethic that got me here and thats what they lack to see as the difference. I like to fire those kinds right and left c-ya...

4. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i think we should all worry about our own cars...

im not gonna sweat some guy cause he has a truck that i personally dont even like, i couldnt care less if he painted it in chalkboard paint and drew different flames and pinstripes on it daily...

he'll do what he wants, and i wont ever care...

dont we all have to be at work or something?

5. What was that question again?Your avatar keeps distracting me:p

6. i didnt know that dave was "littleman" its all begining to make sense now...

7. 55 f350

55 f350

the answers simple . its his truck and he can do what he wants to it !

8. donnie

donnie
    from NC

I thought it was funny when he said he created the rat rod craze, 7 years ago when he built that truck. And he says he does not like rat rods.

Not that I think that is a rat rod, do you?

Paint it! But my guess is that he will follow Pete and leave it bare metal, but I hope he paints it.

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

black with red wheels and pinstriping? that would definitely be trend-setting!!

10. What would Boyd do?

11. Shane T.

Shane T.

Jimmy who??? Waht truck????

scottybaccus likes this.
  12. Mercury Snake

Mercury Snake

Why not paint it, if he doesn't like it strip it off. It wouldn't be the first time he's stripped it. Its his truck and he can do what he wants. The chop, channel, and "stance" is whats made that truck such a hit anyway.

13. 29SX276

29SX276

His truck,his choice.Driving on tack welds for 7 years:confused: ;lady luck must be sitting in the passenger seat!

14. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Yea, it would be really hard to recreate that bare metal look again...

15. Did he ask for opinions ?

Maybe we should have a Poll ?

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

You know what, he should get the whole body Jet-Hot coated and call it a day. ;) :D

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

Just to throw a few things out there,.... I thought Jim Jacobs and his Highboy 29 Tub started the rebirth of the "Traditional Rod scene" ,... The "Screaming Yellow Zonker" was really traditional for the early 70's, Nailhead, 4 spd., Halibrand rear, ect.

As Far as the California Kid goes, it went through some big changes through the years,.. originally it had a Mor-Drop axle with split wishbones, a Halibrand rear on 36 bones and a Model A rear spring and cross member , 40 Ford front brakes, fiberglass bucket seats,... But they kept updating it with "Pete & Jake" parts on the chassis as a test bed,..... visually it hasn't changed but underneath it's a lot different than it started out.

18. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Who the fuck is Jimmy?

scottybaccus likes this.
  19. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

wait...are we talking about a TV show? a TV show?

20. 31whitey

31whitey

this is like when my girlfriend asks "should i paint my toenails, hun"
    and I respond "there your fucking toenails, makes no difference to me"
    she dosent really care what I think, and i doubt jimmy shine does either,

21. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Yes , Jimmie johnny,billy, bobby, phil, jerry , betsy .. should all paint there cars what ever color they f'n want. If someone wants to paint there car or truck, labia pink, God forbid anyone tell them other wise. Its his and only his, how many colors have other famous cars been? The Hirohita Merc for one was a few different colors

22. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Another "who cares".........

scottybaccus likes this.
  23. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Change is good.

Although very difficult for most.

24. Vorhese

Vorhese

Who cares, as long as I don't have to see her teeth anymore.

25. How much roof chop was in Milners A/Graffiti coupe again?:D

26. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Pete has a good point. The truck has status... But,

Didn't the Lightnin' Bug get revamped a time or two?

I think it will evolve more than change. It will be nice to see some of the work as it unfolds, even with editing for TV.

27. man,
    i thought i was the only one who thought williams totally fuccked up that awesome deuce by making it look like walt disney puked.
    thanks bro.:)

28. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

why not paint it a metallic silver, that way it still looks like bare metal, but the metal is protected, and it'll still have the same bare metal look, or he could even put a flat clear coat over the bare metal?

29. ratstar

ratstar

I love all these people that liked Jimmy and his truck before he had a TV show, and now they act all bad ass and he dont mean shit bullshit. Like it or not Jimmy is a badass and he has a TV show, get over it.

He is a stand up guy and one hell of a hot rodder to boot!

I've met him, talked with him and I wouldnt mind meeting him a few more times. I have admired his work for a LONG time and I will continue to do so.

Bottom line, its his truck. We all continue to work on our shit till we get it the way we want it, so why give him shit for doing the same thing?

30. No, i thought it was a really bad idea too. To each his own I suppose, but i wish THAT one would've stayed at home locked up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.