Register now to get rid of these ads!

should i sell or keep ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FORD3W, Oct 16, 2009.

1. FORD3W

FORD3W
    from australia

I have had this car for a while now it's a aussie 34 5w coupe and has been sitting in the back of the shed while i work on the 3w.

There is a local swap meet on this weekend so i put the car back together to take it there to sell .......................
    But now it looks to good and having second thoughts these things are getting harder to find

What should i do sell or keep?

Attached Files:

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

You need to finish that bad boy.

3. 65stepside

65stepside

if you re asking i don t think you really want to sell
    just my thoughts
    looks good
    i would finish it

4. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Keep it, it's only going to get more expensive to replace.

5. What he said - but maybe lose the 351/hand grenade and the discs and replace with more trad friendly parts hehe. opinions are like....yeah yeah I know !!

Looks great with the ribbed fronts/grooved rears !!

Rat

6. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Keep that saultry bitch she's one sex machine .

7. No, just leave it in your shop so i can buy it like that when i get some cash together :) You can keep the motor.

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Unfortunately, you can't ride around in a 5W with a name like FORD3W. I say unfortunately, because that is one nice looking car. I would have a hard time letting it go.

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

If it is in the way and consumes too many groceries, sell it. If you don't stumble over it and it doesn't eat, what is the cost of keeping it? NADA.

10. FORD3W

FORD3W
    from australia

The only reason i am/would sell it is because i am looking at a 34 ford pickup.
    Funny thing about the motor i had a 312 Y-Block with triple 97's in it and took it to ballarat swap meet 3 years ago and no one wanted that motor either go figure.

And in one of these photos please forgive the fiberglass doors they have gone to heaven

Attached Files:

11. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

If you are under age 60, keep it.
    If you do sell it, you will someday post something about how you wish you could have back your "dear sweet '34 Ford" tht you sold years earlier. These are hard to find and you already have identified the problems and know the solutions.

12. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

You should give it to me. I'm joking. Definitely keep it.

13. None of us have a clue about your financial situation. You like it and can afford to, keep it. If you need the money, sell it. But you know that.

14. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

15. Chopped&Dropped

Chopped&Dropped
    from Salt City

16. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

Keep the car! Ditch the motor!:D

that motor is what has been subconsciously making you keep it in the shed, I am a chevy guy, im not saying put a chevy in it by any means, maybe Flat head? or something more nostalgic at least. It just doesnt match the rest of the car.

Besides the bottom ends, the price of parts, and the way they sound, the only thing i have against ford motors is that they are MAD ugly.

but like x38 said, if moneys tight, no brainer just sell it. but if youre just worried cuz its sitting around getting nothing done to it the way i see it is.. its been sitting this long. whats another few months gonne hurt?

Cool ride either way though! :cool:

17. Cruiser

Cruiser

:eek: SELL________________SELL______________SELL______ :eek:

:D No just kidding cool off for awhile and think about now and then and after a little time the answer will come to you.

CRUISER :cool:

18. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

19. mrdodge

mrdodge

Most people have hit the nail on the head. If you don't need to sell, and storage isn't an issue, then keep it. If you need to sell, then do so. And if you don't like it with that engine, then sell the engine. Or you could just wrap it up and send it to me........

20. Same as the others have said, if you need the dollars and can't raise it another way, do what needs to be done.

Otherwise, just sit on it untill you have the time or inclination to finish it. Or just stash it away for your kids (if you have them)

By the way, that sits EXACTLY how I want my 33 Tudor to sit. Just perfect.
    If you get a chance, could you throw a tape measure on it and let me know the heights at the tip of the rails front and rear, so I can set my chassis jig at that height. Either post the heights, or pm them to me.

If you do decide you need to sell, and are willing to part with them seperate, I'd be real interested in the wires and rubber:rolleyes:

21. Better than a 401 K

22. brady1929

brady1929

don't sell it, you will regret it.

23. rat seeker

rat seeker

Are you crazy?? Keep it!!

24. hvychvy

hvychvy

Keep it for shure!!

25. Big Tony

Big Tony

Just asking tells me no...you will regret it, You can always ship to Texas and I'll take good care of it for ya Hehehehhee

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I'd give it to me:D:rolleyes:

I wouldnt sell it

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  27. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Keep it. Once it's gone, it's gone. I have a 34 pick up, but would like to have a coupe to set beside it. Keep it, if you can afford both.

28. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm with the rest keep it.

29. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Keep it, and keep the Cleveland. Anybody that talks shit about a Cleveland has never had one. Those engines are bullet proof, make tons of power, and look cool.

Don't sell it... You'll look back one of these days and wish you still had it.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop