Register now to get rid of these ads!

should i sell my A sedan to buy another?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Saoutlaws_Gotti, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

here is the deal:

most of you guys have seen or seen pics of my 29 A Sedan, for those that havent there is a pic or two enclosed below, i currently have the oppretunity to buy a 31 A Sedan that was a museum restored stocker that has been turned Hotrod it has a new store bought boxed original type A Frame with a complete chrome front and rear end (tube with hairpins in front and 9 inch with hairpins in rear) a complete sbc stroker motor with tranny and lokar shifter, new steel front fenders and splash apron, excellent rear fenders, brakes are already in it and plumbed, steering box is mounted, complete hood, firewall is moved back 4 inches with a nice pretty stainless cover plate, lots of high dollar trinkets such as a new grill shell, new walker radiator, new tail lights, new headlight bar, new runnning boards, new interior and exterior door handles, new door latches, new door stop checks, new headlights, a complete new wood kit, complete vintage air kit and did i mention lots of NEW trinkets. Two sets of wheels (steelies and Polished American)
    i mean this car is complete 100 hundred percent it just needs to be painted and assembled and have an interior and a top put in it.

And my question to you guys is, should i sell my sedan to buy this one. I have a wife and two young sons (3 yr old & 6 month old) and with my 29 being as low as it is and having the frame so drastically Z'ed it is kinda hard for the four of us to go places confortably and my thought is with this new full fendered car (that doesnt have a severly Z'ed frame) ill have a Full size back seat for the boys and still have a cool ass tradition style rod.

What you guys think ?

Attached Files:

2. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Family first, otherwise you mite end up only with a sedan :)

3. What's the downside?

4. why sell? nothing wrong in owning two. Unless you are going to double your money on the first one, you will be spending double on the second.

5. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

the only downside i see right now is i can get in my sedan and go anywhere right now, this new sedan needs to be completed.

my sedan still needs some rot fixed where the new one has none whatso ever, they both need a top insert done, they both need paint, they both need uphostery, i dunno guys my mind is having a hard time making itself up to which way to go here

6. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

i already have two rods so the thought of a third just is not feesable at this time no place to keep a third or money to work on a third

selling my sedan opens up the money to buy this new one and spending double is not a factor cause if i buy the new one the only thing out my pocket that i wouldnt already be going to spend on my 29 is my labor time cause like i said everything is there to coplete this new one

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Sell. The new car is more practical for all the reasons you stated.

8. Notorious

Notorious

Okay, you have my blessing as long as you take the fenders off of the new one. ;) :D

9. bonesy

bonesy

I sold my roadster to get back into a car my family ride in. I'd do it.

10. Lakota

Lakota

Ever heard the story of the house with the golden windows, or the dog with a bone in his mouth that looks into the lake???
    What's the lesser of two evils? Do you keep the sedan you already have and raise the body a couple of inches, re-work the shifter, steering column and brake lines, which would take a few weeks at best? Or, do you sell it, work several weeks to make up the difference in $$$ for the new sedan (hoping that it's still there when you finally get the money), Then spend another six months to a year assembling it?
    Why not alter your sedan for the family, and spend the next several weeks working and buying all the "Trinkets" for your sedan? You're almost there...All you need is height and trinkets.

11. chad

chad

Sounds like a easy decision to me...Family first.....I would sell..Raising your car sound like a pain in the ass to me....I would rather have one with no rot also...and aslong as the other one is 100% complete it shouldn't take that long to assmeble...

12. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

There is definitely some desire for a nicer body no doubt.
    But at the end of the day no car is complete unless it's being driven and even then there is always room for improvement on almost any daily.
    Everyone who ever built a car knows that at the end of the day it's the little nickel and dime bullshit and the time to care of it that kills you building any car.
    Having said that I think I'd keep the known,unless I had the time and the funds to "finish" the "complete car".
    A few spring shims and longer u-bolts a couple of antisway bars and what you have is taking care of the required task and it's quirks are familiar to ya and don't need to be ironed out.
    Good luck,whatever you decide to do.

13. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

the way my sedan is built there pretty much is no way of raising it

the suspension is all built and designed to work on top of the frame (pararell leafs (sp) with rear end on top of frame as well as on top of spring ) instead of under the frame rails like most everyone does it (idea was to make the frame rails the lowest part of the car and to be in the weeds) any one interested in knowing exactely what im talking about or how it was done feel free to check out my website, there is several pics of the build there
    www.saoutlawsrodandkustom.com