Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I knock on the door?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jack68gts, May 15, 2018.

1. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

He's alive!

Jack68gts likes this.
  2. Jack68gts

Jack68gts

Oh i wont touch it,,as much as I'd love to,,,and he wants share it, ill post

49ratfink and bowie like this.
  3. Jack, motorbike or car ?

4. Jack68gts

Jack68gts

68 gts 340 4spd convertible,,1 of 44 built,,my moms first new car in 68,,sold in 80,,i spent 25 years looking for it, found it in the woods a guy that owned it,,,got it out of the woods, shipped it to graveyard carz in oregon for their tv show.

5. Kevin Buehner

Kevin Buehner

I had been looking at an OT car for several years as I drove by. I had been told by others that "he'll never sell". One day I decided I just had to ask. Found out where he lived and drove up to the little rundown house. Knocked on the door and a mountain of a man answered " what do you want". almost left. Finally said I've been looking a the 19xx xxxx you have and wondered what you want... He exploded "Get the f---- out of here. You're probably the a--hole that's been stealing parts off of it. I managed to defend myself with "If i was stealing it I wouldn't have stopped, before he slammed the door. Went back to my car and sat for a minute just thankful for walking away. As I sat there I could hear through their open windows his wife screaming even louder than he had been "You sell those f----- cars right now. I tired of your Shi--. Sat there a bit longer and pretty soon the door opened and he came out. "What you give me for it." Now i had low four figures in mind, but at this point didn't want to piss him off, so I said tell me what you want! When he said I want $400 that one and $200 for the parts car I about hurt myself getting him the cash. Then he said "I'll go in and get you both titles" Yeah you probably wouldn't come here if you were stealing parts.
    Never know until you ask.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    slv63, R A Wrench, BAD ROD and 4 others like this.