Register now to get rid of these ads!

Should I do it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TairyHesticles, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Theres a guy here that has a 1940's (not sure the year) Ford Tudor for sale, at least that's what I think it is. I only seen a shitty picture of it off my Dads phone, It hasnt ran in a few years and is missing the radiator. He wants 1,000 for it and wont take anything less. I asked my Dad to take some pictures of it on my camera to see it better and have a better idea. My dad said it was rust free, missing most of the trim and the hood ornament was gone. If it is what I think it is, is it worth it?

Or should I take that grand and put it into getting my Pontiac running before I grab up another project? I'm jobless at the moment so I'm taking what little money I have a little more seriously. :eek: If he does get the better pictures I'll post them but for now heres the old flip phones shitty picture.

[​IMG]

Looking at it now I dont think thats what it is but it was my best guess.
    :eek:

Should I do it?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Keep yer $$$$$$
    looks GM to me.

3. Looks like a GM in that pic like maybe a '46?

I don't know what your poncho is or how far you are along with it but if you have a grand to spend and are out of work I may think real hard before taking on another project.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

47-8 chevrolet

5. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Keep your money and forget another project until things get better economically.

6. Diavolo

Diavolo

I was going to say buy it until I read unemployed. Put your (any) money in the bank and pay bills until you are gainfully employed. I didn't even look at the picture because I know you have to take care of the most important things first.

7. Its a 54 Pathfinder and its pretty far-gone, just started tearing into it. I got excited cause it was a local car, which made it cooler to me, I figured it'd be neat to get it running and keep it in the town but I usually get too excited and jump the gun. :D

Thanks for the ID guys, I was way off.

8. I'm 17 and still living with the parents at the moment, so I'm thankfully bill free! :p

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

at 52, I have some maturing to do as well then.

I paid some rent at that age because it was just me and my Mom and she needed the help with the bills. I can garantee none of my friends paid any rent until they moved out.

10. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Mr Hairy Testicles

You asked for a opinion on a open board about a subject near and dear to us all,
    Cars !
    However their's a lot more that goes with it on this board,
    as you will find out in the coming months...hopefuly you will hang out and listen.

All of theses people are just trying to help you.

11. Oh no worries there, I'm lovin' it here and learning lots. Thanks for the heads up! :cool:

12. I don't know what prices/values are where you live but a project here that is solid is probably worht a grand. I am thinking that most will think that a Ford is worth more but there is nothing wrong with a GM. maybe instead of getting in too deep you could GT the chevy if that is what it is and combine the older soild car with the poncho or peddle the poncho all together and have bucks to play with the chevy.

Just a thought.
    I was married when I was your age, but had already been on my own for 3 years. If you can keep things easier by staying at home for another year or two you should probably do that but once you start buyng your own cars it is time to start pullig your own weight. Sounds like you are trying to do that already.

13. Up here I've noticed things tend to be a whole lot more expensive, everybody thinks their stuff is worth a small fortune. So its a fairly decent price from what my Dad told me, but I didnt even know what it WAS so lord only knows how off my price estimates are. :D Its been for sale for a while so I've got time to think about it.

And thanks for the advice, its appreciated. I'll have to keep that in mind.

14. "Project rich" and "money poor" isn't alot of fun.

Put the money in the bank, get a job, and finish your Pontiac- more opportunities will come (and go).

15. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Agreed..........my comment/opinion was out of line and I deleted it. :eek:

Ray

16. it appears you have your father on your side , that's a big plus. when i was your age my father couldn't understand my need to get a model A ford at all

17. Fenders

Fenders

Tell your dad that cars don't bite, he can get closer for a better photo.

18. Not a worry! I would of thought the same the way I went about things. :p

My fathers an antique motorcycle guy but he loves cars as well, his car first vehicle was a hopped up 1950 Dodge 1/2 ton.

I'll be sure to do that! :rolleyes:

19. Squablow

Squablow

The Pontiac is a neat car and there's a lot you can do to it that won't cost you much money. Coming from a guy who has way too many projects, my suggestion is to stick to the one you have.

The car pictured above is neat but wouldn't be considered a great deal around here by any stretch, unless it was driveable.

20. Model T1

Model T1

NO!
    Wait till you have a job and an income. Play with what ya got for awhile. YES it's worth it if not rusted out. Looks like a darn good 46-48 Chevy coupe.
    Nice to see another young rodder who enjoys old cars and is not afraid to ask questions.

21. BISHOP

BISHOP

No mater what it is, there will always be one when the time is right.

22. I'm still gonna think about it but I will probably pass up on it, I owe it to the Pontiac to get her running first. :cool: Besides I dont want to get in over my head.

I've always liked old cars but this past few months is when it actually caught up to me and I caught "The bug" as my dad calls it. My knowledge is slim to none and theres no better way to learn than asking the guys that DO knows advice/help. :cool: