Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shorter front shocks for Chevy X frames ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 12, 2011.

1. koolkemp

koolkemp

I got some 3 inch dropped coils on the front of my 64 ,the shocks are cooked and need replacing but I would like to get something a bit shorter...anyone have any part #'s of what you have used for your own car? Thanks in advance!!

2. 55driver

55driver

3. gtkane

gtkane

Thank you 55driver for that link!
    I finally found(after 6 years) shocks that should fit my o/t ride!

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

The link must be down, I will try later !

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011

5. Done the search through the spec sheet smany times. Once you have a Monroe part number, go to Autozone or similar and put that P/N in. Get the Gabriel P/N equivalent and then on Gabriel.com site; it has a link where you put the Gabriel P/N and it tells you what car/truck application fits that shock. I have had good luck then searching by the car application to find new NOS shocks on ebay for cheap. You can also put the Monroe or Gabriel P/N in ebay and it will find sometimes. The key is to find a seller that has old stock from a closed store or similar and you buy them cheap.

Or look at the gabriel site to begin with, they have a similar spec sheet page. Thej do the application search.

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Thanks for the extra info !!